Wiki Posts
Search

LPGS gone until mid-June in CCR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
DXB CCR bar tonight...

That's not unusual. As far as I know only the LHR CCR ever has LPGS.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
That's not unusual. As far as I know only the LHR CCR ever has LPGS.
ISTR that the JFK CCR had LPGS in the past but that was some years ago, unfortunately.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Thank God I rarely go near Dubai - I thoroughly detest the place
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by teledude
LPGS free flowing in the CCR earlier
Certainly here right now. Myself, I am on the Manhattans, but I count 16 bottles outside and it's being poured out the fridge.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Why on Earth do people drink champagne? I just do not understand it. For the price of a decent Puligny Montrachet you get some third rate wine with added sugar to create bubbles. And the bubbles just make you fart,.

Decent non-bubbly white is just so much better.

Once upon a time, BA also served rather good Red.
simonrp84 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Why on Earth do people drink champagne? I just do not understand it. For the price of a decent Puligny Montrachet you get some third rate wine with added sugar to create bubbles. And the bubbles just make you fart,.
Whereas I do agree with you, I do like a nice glass of LPGS, Krug, DP and other nice champagnes from time to time. I also like most other alcoholic drinks depending on my mood and their availability. For me the main thing about this thread is that it is another example of BA not managing their supply chain so that they meet their customers' expectations.As for things that make me fart, the list is way too long for this thread!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:24 am

It's nice enough and one of the world's earliest marketing jobbies. I appreciate the effort that goes into developing a yeasty taste (for the ones that have it). Taste is neither innate, nor chosen, it is developed. Every marketer understands this. Nothing wrong with it, though I somewhat agree with you, give me good liquor or wine and I will happily pass on the champers. As a marker for luxury, though, it can't be beaten, so better to invest in a good champagne to the detriment of other wines any day of the week. Here at the CCR bar, it's about one order in two for champagne vs everything else today. If your champagne has a good rep, you have accomplished your positioning goal.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by johnaalex
For me the main thing about this thread is that it is another example of BA not managing their supply chain so that they meet their customers' expectations.
In the words of our President over here, this thread is FAKE NEWS.

We've gone from "Gone forever" to "Gone for 2-3 weeks" to "Gone for 48 hours". If the situation remains as is from now on I think BA should be praised for dealing with an unexpected supply chain problem beyond its control and figuring out a way to meet customer expectations with the minimum of disruption.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:18 am

Plenty of LPGS this afternoon in the CCR - so no need to panic, nor has the intrepid @MarkedMan consumed it all earlier in the day ^

The Sunday Roast is again available, but that is for another thread.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Plenty of LPGS this afternoon in the CCR - so no need to panic, nor has the intrepid @MarkedMan consumed it all earlier in the day ^

Is it still the beef?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by LasVegasBuck
I will say this, If they don't have LPGS in First on our flight tomorrow from LAS to LHR or a comparable alternative (Henriot is not comparable, Bolly Grand Annee, Dom, Krug, CH Rare are comparable), I will be requesting the difference in Avios to CW as compensation. BA needs to step it up significantly yet they seem to regress
Really? Good luck with that.....more haters
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by madfish

Is it still the beef?
Yes, the menu was exactly the same as last week - beef. But I did not have it since I had eaten elsewhere.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer

Depends on the bubbles really. There are some exceptional bubbles to be found, however from a value perspective agree. Spending £50 on a bottle of bubbles vs £50 on a Montrachet you'll get a far more interesting wine from the latter.
If you happen to drive in Burgundy. Drop by Leclerc outside Beaune. I stock the car here with Chassagne & Puligny with bottles starting at €25. Rich, mineraly and smooth as butter

Sorry for OT post.
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd

Not about to compound the problem here with overconsumption of LPGS. I am quite happy as long as the Few whiskeys are still there. I did overindulge a bit with those, to be honest. And the Chablis, that was decent too. Slept like a baby in my exit row window seat.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Not about to compound the problem here with overconsumption of LPGS. I am quite happy as long as the Few whiskeys are still there. I did overindulge a bit with those, to be honest. And the Chablis, that was decent too. Slept like a baby in my exit row window seat.
whiskeys? Sorry mate, you should be drinking whiskys ( and I say that as a Scotsman who absolutely detests the stuff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.