Wiki Posts
Search

LPGS gone until mid-June in CCR

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 12:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
In my mind yet another reason not to fly BA!
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Meanwhile 844 million people world wide have no access to a basic drinking water supply, and a further 2.1 billion have only a contaminated supply.
In the context of this being a thread about the short term lack of availability of a certain brand of champagne, I shall be sending the drama police around to both of you to have a word
Old May 31, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
I consume about a bottle of LPGS (~£100) on a return trip. I would only ever get revenue first on a £400 promo upgrade. So the loss of LPGS to me, from a financial perspective, would make first completely pointless!!

First (Sale fare to mid-full fare on some routes) can actually be a reasonably economical way to sample LPGS and other drinks.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by golfmad
In the context of this being a thread about the short term lack of availability of a certain brand of champagne, I shall be sending the drama police around to both of you to have a word
This was essentially the point I was making. I think everyone will survive.
golfmad likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
I consume about a bottle of LPGS (~£100) on a return trip. I would only ever get revenue first on a £400 promo upgrade. So the loss of LPGS to me, from a financial perspective, would make first completely pointless!!

First (Sale fare to mid-full fare on some routes) can actually be a reasonably economical way to sample LPGS and other drinks.
It's hugely enlightening to understand the inner workings on other people's decision making. On a scale of 1 to 100 where 1 is critical and 100 is mind-numbingly irrelevant, I would put the availability of LPGS as a choice of carrier as 100.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
[QUOTE=bisonrav;29814098]This was essentially the point I was making. I think everyone will survive.[/QUOTE]

I think we already know that. But I would suggest that the point you are making is very much a tangential one.

The fact is, we all have a natural tendency to obsess over many different issues at various times - whether it be the precise type of mattress provided in a premium cabin, the availability of caviar on inflight menus, or the range of movies on offer from an IFE system. Some people even obsess over how many TP’s can be acquired within a specific period of time by means of non-essential travel.

Rarely are such obsessions of any lasting importance in the greater scheme of things. Having an interest in them does not, however, mean that we necessarily lose our wider perspective and sense of proportion in relation to the true priorities in life. Our brains are perfectly smart enough to compartmentalise a whole series of thoughts and sensitivities, with no loss of our inherent moral code, or concern for those who might enjoy less good fortune in life.

Last edited by subject2load; May 31, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
This was essentially the point I was making. I think everyone will survive.
Well of course we'll survive. We'd also survive travelling in Y on Norwegian. Or even on a slave ship steamer. But that's a million miles from the point being made here. If BA suddenly removed the F seat and replaced it with the CW one people would lose their sh*t. This is a FF forum. Expect discussion about FF issues. Of course it's a first world issue we're discussing; it's a first world product.
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Meanwhile 844 million people world wide have no access to a basic drinking water supply, and a further 2.1 billion have only a contaminated supply.

Maybe worth developing a sense of perspective when a particular brand of champagne becomes unavailable for a couple of weeks? Just a thought.
in this context I would suggest flying full stop is almost out of perspective let along First Class travel. I find posts like this to be completely out of context to FT and have nothing constructive to add. Either the poster is so pro BA they will say anything to try and distract and defend BA or they really do not get the context that FT exists. Either way I would suggest if they consider this to be the way things are unlike the majority of FT community their time would be better placed with charity work to help the people they are petitioning for in this post.

We all on FT know these are first world issues but equally we are well within our right to express opinions based on expectations especially when paying high fares for a product either by way of cash or avios!
Old May 31, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
My point wasn't lack of short term simply it's being going on most of the year and BA have done nothing about it! Just ignore it and save the cash while the customer gets less!
Old May 31, 2018, 3:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

In that case, rather than going for GGL (just for the sake of it), why not donate the equivalent amount to a clean water charity?
Old May 31, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
This is a FF forum. Expect discussion about FF issues. Of course it's a first world issue we're discussing; it's a first world product.
+1.

Ahhh the BA FT Forum. Passengers don't get something to the expected service level, so we split in half and bicker about it for several days. Soooo much fun...
bisonrav likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
In that case, rather than going for GGL (just for the sake of it), why not donate the equivalent amount to a clean water charity?
That misrepresents my point. I could quite easily have suggested that no-one should drink champagne, or fly first class, or whatever. I didn't say that. It's none of my business what anyone spends their money on, and by the same token it's none of your business what I spend mine on. There will always be inequality.

What I guess surprises me about some of the comments here is the idea that a two week hiatus in the supply of a mass produced Champagne brand is of any importance whatsoever. In the great scheme of things it's very minor, and outside the CCR bubble you'd be laughed from one end of the street to the other if you brought it up as a point of grievance. You're fortunate to fly around in relative comfort, be thankful for that, rather than demanding impossible resolutions that frankly BA isn't going to entertain. Plugging a supply chain shortfall - as many people have patiently explained - is not as easy as popping down to the duty free and picking up a couple of bottles. It's amazing they can deal with it in a couple of weeks to be honest.

The point is, and I don't think it's particularly controversial, is "count your blessings". I am not expecting an LPGS quaffing GGL member to roll up his or her sleeves and dig wells in remote parts of the world, but it's as well to remember that drinking a particular brand champagne on a flight is a massive privilege, not a right.
teledude likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by seanp7
Noooooo! I have my only 2018 F trip June 9-17 and was really looking forward to LPGS. Waaaaaaah
Same here. Oh well, not the first, or last, time in the CCR
Old May 31, 2018, 4:19 pm

I do think these sort of threads are best enjoyed from the relaxing comfort of a favourite armchair, with something pleasant to hand by way of liquid refreshment.

May I perhaps recommend a glass of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle ..........
dcmike, seanp7, Kgmm77 and 6 others like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by subject2load
I do think these sort of threads are best enjoyed from the relaxing comfort of a favourite armchair, with something pleasant to hand by way of liquid refreshment.

May I perhaps recommend a glass of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle ..........
Naughty!
Old May 31, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Naughty!
And available at your local Waitrose .......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.