LPGS gone until mid-June in CCR

Old May 30, 18, 12:52 pm
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Foltan View Post
Exactly, hence why if you have a supplier issue you can't just go elsewhere quickly - if the price goes up by £10 a bottle then you're signing off a >£1m p.a. spending increase.
That would, of course, somewhat depend on how long you believed the shortage would occur for, and whether you could get supported pricing from Laurent Perrier to buy through a different distributor. £10 per bottle more, which in itself is probably excessive once VAT has been taken out, might cost £60k for the two week gap that's been talked about here.

Short term shortages whilst the supply chain was resolved following Conviviality's collapse were perfectly understandable, but this has been many months. You'd have hoped an organisation as big as BA, with presumably a very active global purchasing team, would have managed to put a more robust solution in place by now.
Old May 30, 18, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by David7 View Post
Glad to hear it is apparently only temporary. On a side note, how many bottles of LPGS do you think BA goes through per year? My estimate is 155,000.
I would go a little higher, 260,000.

Programs: NZ Elite, BA Gold, QF Gold, AF Ivory, FlyBe, ANA, IHG Platinum Elite, Accor Gold
This news is a source of considerable angst with Ms LibertyUK.

Is there a problem with supply for the F Cabin as well?
HIDDY likes this.
Original Poster

Programs: DL, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Foltan View Post
Exactly, hence why if you have a supplier issue you can't just go elsewhere quickly - if the price goes up by £10 a bottle then you're signing off a >£1m p.a. spending increase.
BA also has the option to switch suppliers or even switch the champagne altogether. I.e. continuing with LPGS at a potentially higher price for a few weeks until an alternative solution has been found. Perhaps switch to Bollinger La Grande Annťe even if it’s just for bargaining power. In addition, I find it pretty bad that BA doesn’t seem to keep any stock of LPGS - if you book BA F as an Emerald and then get Henriot in the lounge you can’t help but think “why did I bother paying for F”. So I am not on the same page with your explanation of BA’s on-off relationship with LPGS.
Old May 30, 18, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I have asked the lounge manager for clarification and he called BA, his conclusion is that there “definitely” won’t be any LPGS until mid-June. He said he doesn’t know what will happen after then.

I hope the LPGS Service will resume after then without unexpected interruption. Sucks to buy an F ticket very rarely and then have unanticipated bad luck.
An absence of LPGS would be of minimal / zero concern to many flyers (including me !) - but I fully respect the fact that it has more importance for you.

More evidence, however, that the advice one often sees wrt managing expectations - even when having bought a ticket in the top cabin - is offered with good reason.
Old May 30, 18, 1:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG ; Marriott Plat ; Hilton Gold ; BA Bronze
I will say this, If they don't have LPGS in First on our flight tomorrow from LAS to LHR or a comparable alternative (Henriot is not comparable, Bolly Grand Annee, Dom, Krug, CH Rare are comparable), I will be requesting the difference in Avios to CW as compensation. BA needs to step it up significantly yet they seem to regress
David7 likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
hmm...how many pages will this get to?! *gets popcorn
Old May 30, 18, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Uber 5.0 :D
Originally Posted by LasVegasBuck View Post
I will say this, If they don't have LPGS in First on our flight tomorrow from LAS to LHR or a comparable alternative (Henriot is not comparable, Bolly Grand Annee, Dom, Krug, CH Rare are comparable), I will be requesting the difference in Avios to CW as compensation. BA needs to step it up significantly yet they seem to regress
And I, Sir, wish you the best of British luck with that
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 1:32 pm

I find it pretty bad that BA doesnít seem to keep any stock of LPGS
How do you know they donít, and havenít already consumed that safety stock?
Old May 30, 18, 1:35 pm
Suspended

I WAIT !!
Old May 30, 18, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, BA GfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Wot! No LPGS. I shall never fly BA ever again!

Doc Copper

PS Well, not until next Monday. DC
Old May 30, 18, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post

Glad to hear it is apparently only temporary. On a side note, how many bottles of LPGS do you think BA goes through per year? My estimate is 155,000.
I would go a little higher, 260,000.
Many of the consumed bottles will actually go higher too
Old May 30, 18, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
we had a quick chat ... but I didn't realise who you were
I had gained the impression that all the CCR card holders knew each other, and it was a casual gentlemanly nod to acknowledge each other in public before reaching the sanctum of the CCR
Old May 30, 18, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post

How do you know they donít, and havenít already consumed that safety stock?
I assume that BA got hit with some sort of supply issue and is now looking for a new supplier / waiting for the old supplier to lower prices to the old level. The definition of safety stock is that it is enough stock to keep them afloat with premium champagne until they find a suitable alternative or another supplier. So either BA kept no/too little safety stock or they donít care about a 3 week service disruption with respect to the champagne. In my optimistic point of view I just assumed the former.
Old May 30, 18, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
Originally Posted by libertyuk View Post
Is there a problem with supply for the F Cabin as well?
Anyone?

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: