Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LPGS gone until mid-June in CCR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict

That's not unusual. As far as I know only the LHR CCR ever has LPGS.
Dubai CCR has always served Henriot. It's the only discernible change to the food and drink offering in the Club Lounge next door - where they serve an unknown Cremant.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by pjh981
Dubai CCR has always served Henriot. It's the only discernible change to the food and drink offering in the Club Lounge next door - where they serve an unknown Cremant.
The biggest change I find in the Dubai CCR is that you can actually find somewhere to sit down.
pjh981 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
To complete my update, LPGS being poured freely on board DXB-LHR on Saturday night (though I only had a couple before nodding off).

As an aside, several of the F seats occupied by young children - some people clearly have lots of disposable income
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon

As an aside, several of the F seats occupied by young children - some people clearly have lots of disposable income
The biggest advantage of that is more LPGS for you
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:27 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Talking

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Quite common on the DXB route to see this; BA F is cheaper than EK F; so folk who can't afford EK F have to go slum it in BA F
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Quite common on the DXB route to see this; BA F is cheaper than EK F; so folk who can't afford EK F have to go slum it in BA F
Yup. In fact BA F is often cheaper than EK J on that route.

Plus don't forget it's a leisure heavy route and if you get a family of four booking seats with Avios at T355 and then a GGL with 3 kids booking with a Joker you can easily have 5 children in that cabin on redemption tickets as well.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
whiskeys? Sorry mate, you should be drinking whiskys ( and I say that as a Scotsman who absolutely detests the stuff!
Believe it or not, with apologies plentiful, I very much mean whiskeys I do like bit of rye. When I kept a proper bar at home, I would have Rittenhouse Rye, one of a number of bourbons, Dewars white label, a Highland (Dalwhinnie, probably) and Ardbeg Uiegadail. These days it is the first and the last only. For cocktails, American Rye all the way.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
On a related LPGS note, Just bagged a bottle for £60 in an Ocado Smartpass 50% off offer

I intend to consume it in a darkened room, wearing F pyjamas on a day bed sofa under a duvet. Will watch a couple of quite recent films on an iPad Pro + QC 35s. M&S ready meal served on a tray and perhaps a couple of sips of JW blue to follow. The F experience without jet lag :-)
sgm, dodgeflyer, seanp7 and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by dca100
On a related LPGS note, Just bagged a bottle for £60 in an Ocado Smartpass 50% off offer

I intend to consume it in a darkened room, wearing F pyjamas on a day bed sofa under a duvet. Will watch a couple of quite recent films on an iPad Pro + QC 35s. M&S ready meal served on a tray and perhaps a couple of sips of JW blue to follow. The F experience without jet lag :-)
I don’t understand why those emails don’t come properly. I only receive them every so often, not monthly like they say. You can get some cracking deals on alcohol, like this one.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Indeed it’s quite random, but usually some great wines avail.

OT, they also had JW Blue ‘Ghost’ on the offer which would have worked out at £110 vs £220. Is max £120 discount per customer so went for the LPGS and a couple of £40 reds.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Champagne isn't the quintessential example of a JIT supplied product. Was the missing stock stuck in a Conviviality warehouse, or somewhere further up chain for BA and others to bring into consumption via different suppliers?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by dca100
Indeed it’s quite random, but usually some great wines avail.

OT, they also had JW Blue ‘Ghost’ on the offer which would have worked out at £110 vs £220. Is max £120 discount per customer so went for the LPGS and a couple of £40 reds.
Thanks for highlighting. Put 2 in my basket and checked out when the email came except switching one bottle for two pinot’s with a decent discount to market price.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
To further calm fears, LPGS being poured widely in T5 CCR this morning. As well as that, the service throughout is great. Breakfast service in the dining area was quick and I am now on the terrace with a staff member making frequent rounds with a cold bottle of LPGS!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
For all LPGS lovers, it's on offer at 50% on Ocado if you're an Ocado Pass Holder. From £120 to £60.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Pleb Status: AA, BA, EK, EY, QR
Originally Posted by Blenheim
To further calm fears, LPGS being poured widely in T5 CCR this morning. As well as that, the service throughout is great. Breakfast service in the dining area was quick and I am now on the terrace with a staff member making frequent rounds with a cold bottle of LPGS!
Can confirm. Am lounging on the brilliantly lurid sofa with free flowing LPGS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.