Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Service in FIRST ATL-LHR 27/05/18

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
I've logged a complaint with Customer Service and went via Twitter to request a call back.
The Twitter rep. has assured me that someone "will" call to discuss the issue.

I'd really like Customer Service to contact the CSM and then be able to tell me what went so badly wrong here.
Sending me a "cut & paste" blah blah would only just demonstrate quite how far BA have went downhill.

The bruise on my other half's shoulder is quite bad now.
haroon145 likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you

It was eight years before I was allowed to go through the curtain into First Class.
On a recent F flight with mixed-fleet crew, they were so young I doubt they had to wait that long to start working in F...
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Had a call back as promised from a Customer Service rep. who was knowledgeable about the problems experienced.

They confirmed that after speaking with the CSD something had went badly wrong and the CSD was aware of this and reports had been made.

The Data Protection card was played so they couldn't tell me too much other than "staff re-training" and "re-appraisal".

A gesture of 10,000 Avios was credited to my account along with an apology.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by smokie36
Yes in First I'd be hitting the call bell at 10 mins and in the galley at 20 mins to sort it out.
I agree, but there's also the little devil on my shoulder saying "Let's see how long it takes for this drink to actually arrive" 👿
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by pmcg
Had a call back as promised from a Customer Service rep. who was knowledgeable about the problems experienced.

They confirmed that after speaking with the CSD something had went badly wrong and the CSD was aware of this and reports had been made.

The Data Protection card was played so they couldn't tell me too much other than "staff re-training" and "re-appraisal".

A gesture of 10,000 Avios was credited to my account along with an apology.
Thanks for coming back with the follow-up. Compensation seems a bit light, but glad you got some kind of resolution to this, albeit without a meaningful explanation.
SK and pmcg like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Hmm. I had a very similar F experience recently ( May 19 and 25). I attributed that to me having been a lowly GCH booked into J and op-uped to F on two very busy flights, but apparently this is a new normal at BA.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
As if in perfect contrast, I've just come off an LHR-DXB in F which had a superb crew.

Attentive, proactive, chatty in a good way. Led by a brilliant CSD whose welcome was as funny as some stand-up routines. And capable of heating up my beef without ruining it

Visit to ba.com/welldone already completed !
i wonder if it was the same crew that I had on my first First flight on the same route a couple of weeks ago. They were brilliant - ultra efficient, but friendly and funny too.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Majority of crew are excellent and in fact I never had a bad F experience. Some are very average and some exceptionally good. If the above happened to me I would speak with csd within an hour of departure and call upon him several times as it is truly unacceptable.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Often1
A bit confusing. Did OP really just sit there for 90 minutes when his drink did not arrive? It would seem that after 5 or perhaps 10 minutes, one pushes the call button, flags down another crew member, or walks up to the galley. Same thing with the bed makeup, OP was asked to advise the crew when ready, but apparently didn't.

Not suggesting that it's the best service, but if it's important to one, the best time to deal with it is on the spot.
The trouble is, particularly when you want to just kick back, put your feet up and relax, is that you’re constantly watching for anyone to pass. They can be out of earshot before you’ve realised. Popping to the galley is annoying, you’re not unwinding and on your second visit you run the danger of appearing to be a pisshead.

Palmer
pmcg likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
If a customer has to use a call bell in First I would feel that I had failed, I have always encouraged everyone to use their call bell as that is what is there for but in First it should not be necessary.
Unfortunately BA allocate some very very inexperienced MF cabin crew in First which is just unbelievable
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

It was eight years before I was allowed to go through the curtain into First Class.

You were always slow - especially when I need and want a drink! What you did not tell them was it took you 8 minutes to be sent back to Economy

Seriously, I do not understand some of you. If I had service like this, the CSM would be aware of it at 20 minutes. Ultimately that is why they are there - you should never have to do this but, assuming that everything that I have read here came to pass, it is a shocking level of service. I wonder even if one of the crew had been sent back down the aircraft to work in another section - which is no excuse but would make this more understandable.

The OP says that the CSM had complaints from other passengers so what explanation was given?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Seriously, I do not understand some of you. If I had service like this, the CSM would be aware of it at 20 minutes.
It is probably the way a lot of us were brought up - always keeping a stiff upper lip and never inconviniencing others with little whims. Everytime I have an urge to push that call button, I remind myself that (1) crew could be busy with some kind of emergency way more important than my dinner and (2) this is not a restaurant, I am merely travelling from point A to point B; upon arrival I can have all the food and drink I want.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
There definately is the phenomenon where crew avoid being troubled for this very reason (stiff upper lip ; reluctance to use call button)
They minimise passes through the cabin and when they do they go at a speed and have no intention of risking eye contact with a passenger
What is the staff directive on this?

I have been in F where one side has a fab crew member and the other doesnt
if you are sat in 2A and 2F one of you has a far better time than the other!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by allturnleft
... and when they do they go at a speed and have no intention of risking eye contact with a passenger...
Perhaps they are busy serving someone? @:-)

I do agree though. There is a level of variability across crew members as there is with staff at all companies.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Seriously, I do not understand some of you. If I had service like this, the CSM would be aware of it at 20 minutes. Ultimately that is why they are there - you should never have to do this but, assuming that everything that I have read here came to pass, it is a shocking level of service.
It's easier said than done, you as a passenger are there to relax, enjoy the "service" and the experience, not run around the aircraft looking for the CSD.

I wonder even if one of the crew had been sent back down the aircraft to work in another section - which is no excuse but would make this more understandable.
The rep. that called me mentioned being short of staff.
Given that the first chap that took my drink order went missing this could be a reasonable assumption.

The OP says that the CSM had complaints from other passengers so what explanation was given?
Nothing specific, just an apology but no explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.