Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Service in FIRST ATL-LHR 27/05/18

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by haroon145

did she apologise? I’m interested to know what the CSM replied to all the customers complaining onboard sorry if I’ve missed this earlier in the thread

Was a Dutch chap, can't remember his name, he apologised and I heard mention of 5,000 Avios to one of the other passengers.

Originally Posted by haroon145
my advice would be to sent BA a DM on twitter asking them to call you and don’t give much detail. The twitter team also handle cr issues and it would be best to discuss it with them in detail - they are also authorised to give service recovery
I'll do that and lodge a complaint but wont hold my breath.

I get so fed up with cut and pasted Customer Service replies where it is clear they have not even read fully the complaint and don't reply to the points/questions.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Advice for any future visitors heading out from ATL. Don't bother with the lounge, it's awful. Hit pei wei for a stodgy chinese, take it over to crazy lady's bar opposite and ask for a bourbon cocktail of her choosing. I guarantee after two of these, or maybe it was three, regardless of travel class, you will sleep the entire flight.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by fin_dg; May 29, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Old May 29, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by pmcg
Was a Dutch chap, can't remember his name, he apologised and I heard mention of 5,000 Avios to one of the other passengers.

I'll do that and lodge a complaint but wont hold my breath.

I get so fed up with cut and pasted Customer Service replies where it is clear they have not even read fully the complaint and don't reply to the points/questions.
yeah I agree where your coming from however if you go through twitter you can discuss service recovery with BA on the phone and if your not happy with it ask to speak to a Duty Manager. The Ba twitter team is 24/7 so you can escalate to a duty manager if need be without waiting for a call back. Lately in my experience they have been great, even if with pre-travel issues as well.... they can be very proactive
Old May 29, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Sounds like they removed one of the crewmember working in First to work elsewhere, this happen when there are 8 or less customers in First.
This is outrageous. In February I had a similar thing happen. I felt the crew where actually good - so I didn't blame them. The lady came served me a drink etc after takeoff and then wished me a good flight?! Apparently due to it being a night flight, 4 empty seats in F and a full Club cabin - she was needed elsewhere!

I didn't eat....but the lights remained on for 3 hours whilst 1 of the crew served everyone! I eventually passed out and in the morning it was apparent that the other crew member was struggling to serve everyone breakfast.

I just wanted a Coffee and pastry and after asking 2 times was given this by the original crew member who served my initial drink. She was very apologetic and said it wasnt her choice to move to another cabin. Apparently on the outbound it took them 4 hours to do the service so they needed her to help.

I fed it all back via CR and as expected received a stock response.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It sounds like the service was indeed rather poor on the OP's flight.

By all means complain but don't hold your expectations too high - it might be pretty much a stock reply you get...

Originally Posted by LCY8737
I've had my fair share of self made beds in F. It's not as difficult as the crew make it look. Though I'm sure CIHY would be a lot better at it than me.
My little bored, jaded traveller challenge is to sneak my DIY bed in before the crew spots me and takes over.

I miserably failed in my last challenge because I couldn't find the bedding! (They were a couple of bins down and I did not want to risk disturbing others by opening random overhead bins.)
crazyarmadillo and fin_dg like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

Mylittle bored, jaded traveller challenge is to sneak my DIY bed in before the crew spots me and takes over.

I miserably failed in my last challenge because I couldn't find the bedding! (They were a couple of bins down and I did not want to risk disturbing others by opening random overhead bins.)
Funny, I'm going to try this next week
Old May 30, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Wow! Sounded a dreadful service. I came back in First on Monday from Boston and thought I was hard done by being served my brown sauce still in its packet.....
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by themax
I am a regular paid F traveller and I routinely don't get my first choice of main meal, and there never seems to be enough JW Blue or Nespresso pods loaded......I have given up complaining as my complaints fall on deaf ears and nothing much is done to improve things in the first cabin, in my experience.
Forgive my incredulity, but why do you continue to give your first class custom to BA?
Old May 30, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold

It was eight years before I was allowed to go through the curtain into First Class.
I recently flew back from CPT in F and the crew member who was serving my side has been with BA for 4 months. He was delightful, if a bit ineffective. On my partners side, she had been with BA for a little longer 8 months, (both in their 20s and first airline jobs), they both tried hard.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Trying hard shouldn’t be good enough, offering the service that customers pay for and expect is a given.
pmcg, ANstar, markle and 3 others like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
It's all the more baffling after last night I watch the documentary "A very british airline". And the training the CC went through was very rigorous. Perfection is expected of them and everything has to be just so even in Y. Like literally down to where you place the can of coke and which way it faces. Hell one of them was failed after 3 months for arriving 120 seconds late to class!
So how can they just fail to serve breakfast in F??
Old May 30, 2018, 2:14 am

If a customer has to use a call bell in First I would feel that I had failed, I have always encouraged everyone to use their call bell as that is what is there for but in First it should not be necessary.
Exactly this. And very honestly put.

All this stuff about you should have pressed the button, you could have gone to the galley, unlucky you had and inexperienced crew, i had a good crew on another flight etc etc all misses the point.

This is F on a premium airline. Is being served breakfast an unrealistic expectation or is it now self service from the galley.
pmcg likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by simons1
..................This is F on a premium budget airline. Is being served breakfast an unrealistic expectation or is it now self service from the galley.
Fixed that for you
Old May 30, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
This seems an astonishing lack of service by any standards. No breakfast served at all? In the entire cabin? I find it hard to understand what happened here.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
It's all the more baffling after last night I watch the documentary "A very british airline". And the training the CC went through was very rigorous. Perfection is expected of them and everything has to be just so even in Y.
Perfection ?

With all due respect, cupsandsaucers, that was a television programme ! Interesting and entertaining for sure - but a television programme all the same. And one made very much in the interests of British Airways, rather than as an accurate indicator of the sort of service you can be sure of receiving when flying with them.

Have you ever watched an episode of Neighbours or Coronation Street and thought to yourself : “hmm ..... doesn’t seem much like real life to me “ ......?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.