Natwest and BAEC

Old May 27, 18, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Natwest and BAEC

Possibly something Iíve missed over the years, but in my Natwest Rewards account there is an offer for exchanging banked cash back for Avios. Rates arenít too bad!

Maybe the start of a new longer term partnership?
Old May 27, 18, 11:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Not a bad rate either if you have use for them.
Old May 27, 18, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Good spot and a reasonable rate if you need to top-up. Not sure if it's new (not seen it on HfP) as I rarely look in the Exchange category.

The terms include:
"The first 500 customers to exchange their Rewards for Avios will receive a code for 500 bonus Avios points. The voucher code will be sent to customers via email within 5 days of exchange."

I've redeemed a tenner to see if I get the bonus 500 miles.
Old May 27, 18, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
RBS also have the same offers.
Old May 27, 18, 12:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by simon79 View Post
Good spot and a reasonable rate if you need to top-up. Not sure if it's new (not seen it on HfP) as I rarely look in the Exchange category.

The terms include:
"The first 500 customers to exchange their Rewards for Avios will receive a code for 500 bonus Avios points. The voucher code will be sent to customers via email within 5 days of exchange."

I've redeemed a tenner to see if I get the bonus 500 miles.
It was briefly discussed today in the comment's section within one of the 3 article on HfP

It's a trial run that Natwest is doing for a few select members, with a view of a wider roll-out. However it may not be rolled-out officially....
Old May 27, 18, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for this - converted some of the balance in MyRewards (which to be fair I never bothered with or thought there was any use for it!).

Hopefully this is rolled out fully in the future as an exchange partner, especially given the not quite so bad rate.
Old May 29, 18, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Plastic. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
RBS to Avios posted in 2 days.
Hope this is a permanent addition.
Old May 29, 18, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Same here to NatWest. No word yet on the bonus Avios, but it does say that'll take 5 days.
Old May 29, 18, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If this offer goes mainstream, would this effectively turn NatWest / RBS Black into a very decent travel Mastercard?

No charges on FX transactions plus 0.5% cashback. If you convert that cashback to Avios youíre getting 0.65 Avios per pound of spend, which is good going these days.

minimum would be £2k spend = £10 rewards = 1300 Avios but still healthy I think.
Old May 29, 18, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lostflyer View Post
Thanks for this - converted some of the balance in MyRewards (which to be fair I never bothered with or thought there was any use for it!).

Hopefully this is rolled out fully in the future as an exchange partner, especially given the not quite so bad rate.
You can take the balance as a cash transfer into your bank account if it comes to it.
Old May 29, 18, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Thanks all. 13000 Avios converted. I usually just bank the rewards but I think 13k Avios for £100 isn't a bad deal at all considering I didn't really realise I had the cash in the first place!
PETER01 likes this.
Old May 29, 18, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher View Post
Maybe the start of a new longer term partnership?
Just to remind everyone that NatWest used to be the official credit card partner of BA 20-odd years ago (and AirMiles for even longer), and only stopped when they launched their own reward scheme in 2007. So this is slightly completing the circle...
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Just received my 500 Bonus Avios voucher code for being one of the first 1500 people to convert Natwest Rewards to Avios.

I exchanged £100 rewards for the 13000 Avios.

BM
ThatT1Feeling and simon79 like this.
Old May 30, 18, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post
Just received my 500 Bonus Avios voucher code for being one of the first 1500 people to convert Natwest Rewards to Avios.

I exchanged £100 rewards for the 13000 Avios.

BM
Can I ask when you did your initial conversion? I assume if I did this yesterday, I'll be too late?
Old May 30, 18, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Can I ask when you did your initial conversion? I assume if I did this yesterday, I'll be too late?
I requested the conversion on Sunday evening, 27th May and the Avios were credited to my BAEC account yesterday.

I don't know how many people have already taken up the 'first 1500 bonus' offer. You may still be lucky.

BM
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: