FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Natwest and BAEC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1911352-natwest-baec.html)

ScienceTeacher May 27, 2018 10:02 am

Natwest and BAEC

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...75e5793f7b.png

Possibly something I’ve missed over the years, but in my Natwest Rewards account there is an offer for exchanging banked cash back for Avios. Rates aren’t too bad!

Maybe the start of a new longer term partnership?

Mike P May 27, 2018 10:04 am

Not a bad rate either if you have use for them.

simon79 May 27, 2018 10:49 am

Good spot and a reasonable rate if you need to top-up. Not sure if it's new (not seen it on HfP) as I rarely look in the Exchange category.

The terms include:
"The first 500 customers to exchange their Rewards for Avios will receive a code for 500 bonus Avios points. The voucher code will be sent to customers via email within 5 days of exchange."

I've redeemed a tenner to see if I get the bonus 500 miles.

BlueThroughCrimp May 27, 2018 11:14 am

RBS also have the same offers.

kosy91 May 27, 2018 11:26 am

Originally Posted by simon79 (Post 29799174)
Good spot and a reasonable rate if you need to top-up. Not sure if it's new (not seen it on HfP) as I rarely look in the Exchange category.

The terms include:
"The first 500 customers to exchange their Rewards for Avios will receive a code for 500 bonus Avios points. The voucher code will be sent to customers via email within 5 days of exchange."

I've redeemed a tenner to see if I get the bonus 500 miles.

It was briefly discussed today in the comment's section within one of the 3 article on HfP

It's a trial run that Natwest is doing for a few select members, with a view of a wider roll-out. However it may not be rolled-out officially....

lostflyer May 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks for this - converted some of the balance in MyRewards (which to be fair I never bothered with or thought there was any use for it!).

Hopefully this is rolled out fully in the future as an exchange partner, especially given the not quite so bad rate.

BlueThroughCrimp May 29, 2018 8:35 am

RBS to Avios posted in 2 days.
Hope this is a permanent addition.

simon79 May 29, 2018 9:03 am

Same here to NatWest. No word yet on the bonus Avios, but it does say that'll take 5 days.

BobServant May 29, 2018 9:08 am

If this offer goes mainstream, would this effectively turn NatWest / RBS Black into a very decent travel Mastercard?

No charges on FX transactions plus 0.5% cashback. If you convert that cashback to Avios you’re getting 0.65 Avios per pound of spend, which is good going these days.

minimum would be £2k spend = £10 rewards = 1300 Avios but still healthy I think.

BobServant May 29, 2018 9:24 am

Originally Posted by lostflyer (Post 29799405)
Thanks for this - converted some of the balance in MyRewards (which to be fair I never bothered with or thought there was any use for it!).

Hopefully this is rolled out fully in the future as an exchange partner, especially given the not quite so bad rate.

You can take the balance as a cash transfer into your bank account if it comes to it.

ThatT1Feeling May 29, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks all. 13000 Avios converted. I usually just bank the rewards but I think 13k Avios for £100 isn't a bad deal at all considering I didn't really realise I had the cash in the first place!

DrBernardo May 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher (Post 29799052)
Maybe the start of a new longer term partnership?

Just to remind everyone that NatWest used to be the official credit card partner of BA 20-odd years ago (and AirMiles for even longer), and only stopped when they launched their own reward scheme in 2007. So this is slightly completing the circle...

BarneyMcGrew May 30, 2018 8:30 am

Just received my 500 Bonus Avios voucher code for being one of the first 1500 people to convert Natwest Rewards to Avios.

I exchanged £100 rewards for the 13000 Avios.

BM

ThatT1Feeling May 30, 2018 8:36 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew (Post 29809045)
Just received my 500 Bonus Avios voucher code for being one of the first 1500 people to convert Natwest Rewards to Avios.

I exchanged £100 rewards for the 13000 Avios.

BM

Can I ask when you did your initial conversion? I assume if I did this yesterday, I'll be too late?

BarneyMcGrew May 30, 2018 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 29809059)
Can I ask when you did your initial conversion? I assume if I did this yesterday, I'll be too late?

I requested the conversion on Sunday evening, 27th May and the Avios were credited to my BAEC account yesterday.

I don't know how many people have already taken up the 'first 1500 bonus' offer. You may still be lucky.

BM