Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Bar Singapore

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Concorde Bar Singapore

I had been on a long multi stop work trip and I thought I would treat myself for the penultimate hop back to Sydney from Singapore by nabbing an Avios upgrade to First on the BA16, the flight was very pleasant, the food and Gill our cabin crew were especially good. I suffered slightly from it being at the end of the BA16 because the rest of the cabin had all slept a lot on the previous leg so there was a bit more moving about etc. than would have been ideal for me but that's the problem with the BA16.

I fly through SIN at least once a month and, like many I'm sure, had been intrigued by the Concorde Bar in the lounge. It's dark and mysterious with it's keypad entry system etc. So I thought for the first time flying F from SIN I would pop in and have an explore. What a massive disappointment! It was smelly, the food selection was terrible (I ordered something hot and it was grim) and the booze was the same (I don't drink champagne so that bit didn't matter to me). It was also dark, dingy and felt a bit like the TAB section of a Sydney pub!

I guess there could be a value if the lounge is REALLY full but in all my times there it never has been, otherwise I think the only thing it has going for it is the DYKWIA value of being behind the mysterious door... Am I missing something?
Old May 27, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve only used it for a quick drink and some peace and quiet. My eating time is spent next door in Qantas lounge.

The CCR menu is ropey and it’s all rather dingy
Old May 27, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
I’ve been there a few times in the last couple of weeks and I agree it has that odd stale water smell which maybe the water they use to clean the floors or perhaps the air con needs cleaning. I found the staff very courteous and the hot food although extremely limited in choice was ok (gets you ready for the food they serve on board..!) but for me the biggest plus is that it is usually nearly empty and I value the calmness more than anything. I also quite like the low lighting and dark colouring.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The main thread pretty much echoes this opinion:

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
It's usually too cold to stay long. We lasted 5 min last week - Mme M1 hates over-ac'd places!!
Old May 27, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I'm no great fan either. But I do appreciate the tables at the far end of the lounge, which i find to be very good places to get some work done. If I haven't got to work, I'll usually just grab a glass of the Zacapa XO and head to the main lounge. It could be worse though; it could be the DXB CCB.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
Well you can't please everyone. Have to say we liked it and stayed the whole time in there, more for the peace and quiet than anything else. The main lounge gets very crowded and we appreciated the space and tranquility. Lounge hostesses also very helpful and friendly, especially with the children.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
And being able to reserve one of the booths with a sofa and TV is also a plus point.

Doc Copper
Old May 27, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
And being able to reserve one of the booths with a sofa and TV is also a plus point.

Doc Copper
How do you reserve it and what is the benefit?
Old May 27, 2018, 2:11 pm

I have also found it very disappointing. The food is the same as the regular lounge. They have the same thing in DXB but the food is even worse.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I like the DXB CCB for the champagne and calm. The window seats are nice.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
I too hate the new DXB and SIN lounges. Concorde and club. It’s an awful step by the airline in the wrong direction as far as I’m concerned!!
Old May 27, 2018, 11:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I like the table for working at, and it generally being quiet.
I am thankful that it's how it is because it means it's quiet and I can get on with work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.