Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA getting greedy when rebooking cancelled segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald

Alright, not a huge issue at all, this got fixed in 10 minutes on the Silver line, but I'd rather if I didn't have to call in at all.

I had booked a positioning LGW-AMS flight (BA2758, departing at 7:40) booked in August, and it's been cancelled.

I then got an e-mail saying that I had been rebooked to the BA2762 service, departing 16:10. So, while I'm waiting on the phone, I check ExpertFlyer.

Turns out, BA rebooked me on the flight that has the most availability (It showed I5 then, and was the only flight with I class availability), and not the closest flight from LHR (understandable) but more surprisingly not even the next flight from LGW, which would've been BA 2760, departing at 10:40.

Is that common practice?
Old May 25, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
If BA cancels your flight, you have the possibility to rebook to the same destination, at no extra cost, on any available BA flight you wish irrespective of whether the availability is in I or J class. If they cancelled it so you have the upper hand. They also offer you a full refund. This should be clearly mentioned in the cnacellation mail they sent you.

This just happened to me last month.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
where is the 'greed' in this?
Old May 25, 2018, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by lall
If BA cancels your flight, you have the possibility to rebook to the same destination, at no extra cost, on any available BA flight you wish irrespective of whether the availability is in I or J class. If they cancelled it so you have the upper hand. They also offer you a full refund. This should be clearly mentioned in the cnacellation mail they sent you.

This just happened to me last month.
Yeah, as I said, solved in 10 minutes on the Silver line, but I just wish the algorithm was more considerate.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
where is the 'greed' in this?
Rebooking to the most empty flight rather than to the closest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.