Lack of Bank Holiday avios redemptions

Old May 10, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Lack of Bank Holiday avios redemptions

I am almost certain I have left this too late but does anyone have any ideas of anywhere I can go over the bank holiday that has avios availability from LHR lol?

Ive tried PRG, TXL, GVA, HAM, BRU, MUC, RAK, BIO, MAD, ALC

Or is it deliberate that there is no availability anywhere lol
Old May 10, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
I ended up using a joker in Y

Old May 10, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Lack of availability on a bank holiday weekend

Day follows night shocker!

Jokes aside, you have the option of using a joker.

Or more preferably is use the Gold Priority Reward, which opens up reward space for double the avios. I just used this for 4 flights to Dubrovnik end of the month for half term. Cost me 118,000 for 4 flights that had no reward availability and selling for ~Ł400 per seat.

I wouldn't normally advocate this use of Avios but in some instances it does offer good value.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
AKAIK you need to use Gold Priority Reward 30 days before travel 😊
Old May 10, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Lack of availability on a bank holiday weekend

Day follows night shocker!

Jokes aside, you have the option of using a joker.

Or more preferably is use the Gold Priority Reward, which opens up reward space for double the avios. I just used this for 4 flights to Dubrovnik end of the month for half term. Cost me 118,000 for 4 flights that had no reward availability and selling for ~Ł400 per seat.

I wouldn't normally advocate this use of Avios but in some instances it does offer good value.
Gold priority rewards must be booked 30 days before flying, so the OP is too late for the late May Bank Holiday.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
AKAIK you need to use Gold Priority Reward 30 days before travel 😊
Yes good point, I book a couple of weeks ago.

Not the fix for here it seems
Old May 10, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I would probably take MAD in business. Looking for A340 if Iberia and 777/787 on BA.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Seats do change all the time. I managed 2 x First with a 241 to Boston about 3 weeks ago. Could only return in J , but yesterday 2xF appeared on way back. So a nice 3 night break somewhere I’ve never been. 160k

Best to check just after midnight.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you were doing the searching 1-2 night(s) before travel you'd probably find all sorts of options. And it's also a good reason for having a functioning Iberia Plus account since that may throw up all kinds of options, even if some of them are Vueling.

But assuming a Friday out, Monday back and the OP has Gold redemptions I can see LYS. And, um, RTM (tons of availability! But I don't dislike the OP that much).
Old May 10, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Haven’t checked times but GOT, OSL, ZRH, FRA, LYS, HEL Friday to Monday.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
There is of course 'bite the bullet' time if you are desperate to get away... just pay cash!

And if you put it on your BA Amex... you can get some miles to use when availability does show up.

Just my 2p.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by pauldb
Haven’t checked times but GOT, OSL, ZRH, FRA, LYS, HEL Friday to Monday.

Thanks for this looks like even in the last half hour they have gone too haha looks like I have someone else reading this post lol
Old May 10, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
As you're gold... you can look for additional availability in V class.

GadgetGal and cgtechuk like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you were doing the searching 1-2 night(s) before travel you'd probably find all sorts of options.
+1. If you don’t have to be anywhere in particular, this is the way to do it. It also means you can check the weather before you pick.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

+1. If you don’t have to be anywhere in particular, this is the way to do it. It also means you can check the weather before you pick.

This is what I might end up doing because seems its Switzerland or Dublin are my only options at the moment,

Not the end of the world but a nice weekend away anywhere in Europe would be nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.