Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 World Cup - Shown in BA Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
The screens around T5 were showing Portugal against Morroco on Wednesday and were fairly popular. If you want to watch the game in peace, I suggest go to gate A23 where I was able to watch it with some pinched Kettle Crisps from GF.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I'll be flying from EDI and hoping they will be showing the World Cup ( Nigeria vs Iceland) so not the most thrilling of contests.

I have watched The Apprentice on Iplayer before in the lounge and the bandwidth has held out but if they have it on the TV it would be a lot easier and would stop me using up the bandwidth!

I'll report back tonight
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’m certain they will be on in the lounges, yes.

In GF, a good place to watch might be on the terrace as the TV/TVs there are well positioned relative to the seats.

Throughout the Premier League season, they’ve had sky sports matches on the bunch of TVs they’ve got by the newspapers, but these are really poorly positioned in terms of actually trying to get a decent view from a seat
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Various memberships
Originally Posted by chongcao
If you are heading to the US, make sure you travel on American Airlines where B787/B777 operates the flight. There are Sports24 and Sports24 Extra live TV on the entertainment system on board AA Boeing aircrafts, which every World Cup game is live while flying even above 30,000 feet. Occasionally I could watch it while on ground.

And if you are traveling on BA, finger crossed that the flight deck may inform you the result through PA.
Live World Cup at 30,000 feet

Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Does anyone know if they've been showing games at the LGW Club lounge?
Had to ask today to put it on but they were happy to do so, think someone just forgot. Was on most if not all screens soon after.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:56 am

More live World Cup on the plane - England winning penalty

http://www.facebook.com/767485395/po...6460795710396/

Shame BA don't offer this service

Last edited by TheEngineer; Jul 5, 2018 at 3:05 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TheEngineer
BA only appear to score 'own goals'!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ne52
Our team is in the toilet, we won't be playing and all of the weekday game times fall within the workday.

Safe to say it won't be as popular here this year.

Are you German?
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by quakered
Are you German?
Don't mention the VAR
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
What with Wimbledon and Henley also going on, the Lounges could end up looking like a USA Sports Bar (OK, with different channels). Is there some Golf on as well? Or perhaps major World News?

PLEASE spare the rest of us!
Worcester likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:05 pm

I'm likely to be flying domestic from LHR or LGW late on Weds evening which happens to be when England are playing their semi final.

What is the latest I can get to the Gate to be beeped through? 22 minute before scheduled departure time?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
What is the latest I can get to the Gate to be beeped through? 22 minute before scheduled departure time?
20 minutes is the cut off, so I tend to say 21 minutes. They tend not to offload anyone for some minutes after that, but not necessarily so if your departure is from A4 or a rare domestic from A10 in T5.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
What with Wimbledon and Henley also going on, the Lounges could end up looking like a USA Sports Bar
If you saw tennis AND rowing on TVs in anywhere in the US in a non-Olympic year, it wasn't a "USA Sports Bar".

Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
More live World Cup on the plane - England winning penalty

http://www.facebook.com/767485395/po...6460795710396/

For anyone wondering AA, Luthansa also offer in addition to a few other http://www.sport24-tv.com/partners might be useful to others on flighting on semi's like me. Hopefully good coverage
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Silver, Oman Air Silver, Hilton Silver, Amex Gold
Obliviously when I booked my flight, I'll be in the BA T5 Galleries for the length of the World Cup Final on Sunday. If, just maybe, England get to the Final... Any chance BA will make a bit of an effort for the occasion to celebrate? I'll be there no matter what, but if it were to be something so big, nice to know if there'll be atmosphere to help with the excitement. On the other hand, anywhere better to watch it outside the lounges at T5? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.