Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 World Cup - Shown in BA Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Headed up to Galleries South last week to see if anything was showing in the "Cinema" area. Wimbledon was on - on mute - and the five or so rows of Sofas where occupied by people sleeping. The TV and the picture quality was grainy anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:22 am

Are there any TVs in the upstairs part of the LGW lounge?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Interesting that a significant number of pubs are not showing the England games due to the aggro involved. I can see why BA are not making a big thing out of this in the lounges.

I find the behaviour of fans in this country deeply shaming. Why can we not be more like the Japanese?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Worcester
Interesting that a significant number of pubs are not showing the England games due to the aggro involved. I can see why BA are not making a big thing out of this in the lounges.

I find the behaviour of fans in this country deeply shaming. Why can we not be more like the Japanese?
I agree it's always been a bit embarrassing to be English when some fans have been so intent on causing trouble over the years. Thankfully that's one element of this tournament that has been missing and let's hope it stays that way with the likely influx of additional English fans into Russia for the semi-final (I'm not mentioning the match at the weekend).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Are there any TVs in the upstairs part of the LGW lounge?
I think there is one on the opposite side to the apron windows, but I don't think it's the best TV for the game, there is a bigger TV on the wall on the main floor that makes up the partition from the central food area, and I suspect there will be a bigger crowd by the TV on the wall by the business centre / kids games room (where there is a football table if things get really heavy).
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: British Airways | Executive Club silver
So they definitely not showing the game in the lounge this evening ? I will be in Gatwick lounge from around 6.30 and was hoping to watch it
maybe have to watch it on my 5"screen phone lol
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andyh1877
So they definitely not showing the game in the lounge this evening ? I will be in Gatwick lounge from around 6.30 and was hoping to watch it
maybe have to watch it on my 5"screen phone lol
Why not head into the terminal and watch it in one of the outlets there?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: British Airways | Executive Club silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Why not head into the terminal and watch it in one of the outlets there?
in the club lounge in Gatwick football is on the tv 😊
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
And now it’s all over so back to Wimbledon
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.