Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never been so frustrated with BA

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Never been so frustrated with BA

Why are BA incapable of resolving a simple error they have made?

I have a long haul flight booked for early next year in Club World (upgrade with Avios). For some reason my booking is showing a duplicated return leg a few days after my actual flight. Clearly an error made by them as my booking email etc shows the true dates and makes no reference to the additional flights.

So I email to say please remove the duplicate - they say I have to call.
So I call - speak to someone in India who puts me on hold for 10 minutes and says I have to be transferred to the avios team. Fair enough, but I'm then on hold for 50 minutes and the line goes dead....
I call again, ask to be transferred and is there any way he can expedite the wait time given what just happened. He says the wait time is 8-10 minutes. I wait 28 minutes on hold then the line goes dead again.

Unfortunately I have no access to the Gold line anymore, and I can't find a direct number to the "Avios team" Can anyone help with providing a number? All I want is for them to remove the duplicate booking from my account!

Rant over.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Does it really matter? Your 'real' booking is showing as it should, and nobody's overcharged you for anything? The duplicate booking will likely disappear when you've flown the real sector. Before then, is it doing any harm?
rossmacd, Often1, stewardo and 3 others like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unlikely any carrier does anything based on an email. A world of nuts, jealous types and whatever out there.

I would do nothing and it will eventually drop off as it hasn't been paid for. If you feel compelled to do something, call at a time when you can put the phone on speaker + mute and go about your business until the line is answered. This is not anything I would get excited about.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I used to have a lot of "ghost" segments but they are not so common now. As it's Upgrade related as long as both legs are where they should and have a 125- number I wouldn't worry
Old May 24, 2018, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would not sweat this. It'll drop off in due course.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
At least you have been able to book flights!

It seems that today BA don't want people to do even that simple thing!
Old May 24, 2018, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DominicB
Does it really matter? Your 'real' booking is showing as it should, and nobody's overcharged you for anything? The duplicate booking will likely disappear when you've flown the real sector. Before then, is it doing any harm?
I can actually understand OP and I think it DOES really matter. This is because I am a perfectionist in some way and dislike things that is not working as it supposed to work. It simply irritates me. Yes we all know we have to ignore it and be happier. Yet people like me are born this way (or developed this way depends on your take) and we can not help it. I think the OP may share a little similarity in this regards.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I'm surprised BA's IT runs for the most part, considering how much they pay their engineers and how old their platform must be. They truly are lucky. Knock on wood, or it could get worse.
Silver Fox and T8191 like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by chongcao
I can actually understand OP and I think it DOES really matter. This is because I am a perfectionist in some way and dislike things that is not working as it supposed to work. It simply irritates me. Yes we all know we have to ignore it and be happier. Yet people like me are born this way (or developed this way depends on your take) and we can not help it. I think the OP may share a little similarity in this regards.
Likewise. My current ghost segment is for a canx induced rebooking. All the telephone and lounge agents tell me it'll be fine, but I'd rather it was removed tban leave me in fear of a missed segment leading to cancelled itinerary.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have learned to live with Ghost Bookings.

It’s part of the BA Customer Experience.

And it annoys me intensely!!!
Old May 24, 2018, 11:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Unhappy I feel your pain

Originally Posted by johnbonham
Why are BA incapable of resolving a simple error they have made?
I can't yet say 'never been so frustrated with BA,' as that list is a lengthy one for me, but the day is young.

I've now been on hold with BAEC for TWO hours on this call -- and 55 minutes on the prior one before just suddenly being disconnected. The winter schedule changes eliminated a connecting flight for me ex-LHR. The system rebooked me on a flight the same day -- six hours before I arrive LHR. No way to resolve it online and must call.

The next disconnect should be coming along shortly. . .
T8191 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA is in an operational mess, right now, having taken the “use them or lose them” LGW slots from when Monarch went under.

Now they are wet-leasing and needing flight deck and cabin crew, and are scrabbling to try and keep their network actually working.

They over-reached, and their pax are paying the penalty.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I can't yet say 'never been so frustrated with BA,' as that list is a lengthy one for me, but the day is young.

I've now been on hold with BAEC for TWO hours on this call -- and 55 minutes on the prior one before just suddenly being disconnected. The winter schedule changes eliminated a connecting flight for me ex-LHR. The system rebooked me on a flight the same day -- six hours before I arrive LHR. No way to resolve it online and must call.

The next disconnect should be coming along shortly. . .
Have you tried to call BAEC in Sydney? I have never waited more than 5 minutes.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Yes I know this may not be a big deal for some people, but chongcao is right, I just don't like it being there and plus given these flights are for my wedding, I really don't want to run the risk of the wrong flight dropping off the booking for example...

Sounds like these ghost bookings are pretty common and I'll leave it for now. Appreciate you all reading the rant anyway
Old May 25, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
We are not born perfectionists. I agree it is a little irritating, however maybe letting it go can be a healthy exercise in challenging your perfectionist thinking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.