FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   2 e-ticket numbers, 1 PNR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1910904-2-e-ticket-numbers-1-pnr.html)

englisha May 24, 2018 1:38 am

2 e-ticket numbers, 1 PNR

I have a ticket from LHR-Nairobi-Livingstone booked on 1 PNR. It has been issued as a BA ticket as LHR-NBO (ticket 125-xxxx01) BA operated and coded, then NBO-LVI (ticket 125-xxxx02) Kenya airways operated and coded.

It's for a family holiday and after looking at options in Livingstone and also considering the overnight in Nairobi, I started thinking about just going to Kenya instead.

I know that usually if you miss a leg of a booking, the rest of itinerary gets cancelled. In this case, as the 2nd leg is on a separate e-ticket number and is not operated or coded by BA, I wondered what the chances are of the return NBO-LHR not being cancelled would be if we missed out LVI? Its a cheap ticket and a reprice/change fee is not a realistic option.

nufnuf77 May 24, 2018 2:14 am

Originally Posted by englisha (Post 29788656)
I have a ticket from LHR-Nairobi-Livingstone booked on 1 PNR. It has been issued as a BA ticket as LHR-NBO (ticket 125-xxxx01) BA operated and coded, then NBO-LVI (ticket 125-xxxx02) Kenya airways operated and coded.

It's for a family holiday and after looking at options in Livingstone and also considering the overnight in Nairobi, I started thinking about just going to Kenya instead.

I know that usually if you miss a leg of a booking, the rest of itinerary gets cancelled. In this case, as the 2nd leg is on a separate e-ticket number and is not operated or coded by BA, I wondered what the chances are of the return NBO-LHR not being cancelled would be if we missed out LVI? Its a cheap ticket and a reprice/change fee is not a realistic option.

its still on 1 PNR so it might get cancelled, depends how well the Kenya and Ba systems communicate tbh. We know of Aer Lingus glitch but not sure about his one

corporate-wage-slave May 24, 2018 3:20 am

I don't know either, but I'm getting my sticky label marked "Significantly Risky" out of the box for this.

However there would be no harm in ringing BA after you have flown the first sector, and asking what the cost of re-pricing it down to NBO only, or altering the dates of travel. The cost may be quite modest, depending on the precise fare conditions.

Svantevit May 24, 2018 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 29788741)

its still on 1 PNR so it might get cancelled, depends how well the Kenya and Ba systems communicate tbh. We know of Aer Lingus glitch but not sure about his one

I can tell a long and sad story about this when you have a United ticket included in your PNR. Back in 2014 I had a multi segment trip around the US originating and ending in Europe with four different airlines on the PNR (UA, AA, SK and B6) and 4 seperate e-ticket numbers.

Due to my travel agent dropping the ball, UA saw me as a no-show for the second segment of the 8-segment trip and decided to cancel all my reservations - both UA and AA, SK and B6. Furthermore, whenever my travel agent restored a segment or added a new segment, UA would actively cancel that reservation again. The tickets were still valid, but trying to get onto a flight without a confirmed reservation can be quite difficult if you only discover it a few hours before departure.

I learned my lesson - never ever no-show for a UA flight.

Svantevit

Often1 May 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Under the COC, the requirement is that you fly each segment of the e-ticket or risk cancellation of all remaining segments of that e-ticket. PNR is irrelevant. But, IT is not always quite so well done and that can lead to disastrous results.

My proactive advice here is to have BA simply split the two e-tickets into two PNR's and then no show on the second e-ticket in the second PNR and there will be no consequence to the first.

If this were to happen and the second ticket were to be cancelled, you would then ultimately prevail in having it reinstated, but that would be a time-consuming and messy process, unlikely to occur in real time.

BA6501 May 24, 2018 1:55 pm

I can confirm that the entire PNR would be (mistakenly) cancelled, and it would take a lot of legwork to reinstate. As it's on a separate e-ticket you should be able to move it to a new PNR or cancel it outright, even if losing the full amount.

kosy91 May 24, 2018 3:53 pm

I am sure that BA and KQ systems do not communicate at all. As far as I know they don't even have any codeshare flights.

If both are on amadeus then maybe they do...or is that irrelevant ?

JAXBA May 24, 2018 9:19 pm

BA really won't care if you nosho for the KQ flight. (The story above about UA cancelling other airline segments is very unusual, and nothing I've ever seen in all the PNRs I've worked in. )

Since KQ is ticketed separately though, why not just proactively cancel? It won't have any affect on the BA price (unless there's more to the itinerary than you've told us, and these are somehow conjunction tickets, not truly separate?)

englisha May 25, 2018 12:00 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA (Post 29791885)
BA really won't care if you nosho for the KQ flight. (The story above about UA cancelling other airline segments is very unusual, and nothing I've ever seen in all the PNRs I've worked in. )

Since KQ is ticketed separately though, why not just proactively cancel? It won't have any affect on the BA price (unless there's more to the itinerary than you've told us, and these are somehow conjunction tickets, not truly separate?)

It was booked through an agent, Omega as 1 transaction, hence the 1 PNR. It was only after ticketing that I noticed the 2 e-ticket numbers. As they both have BA 125- ticket numbers, with only +1 number difference at the end, this is what concerns me and makes me think about the risk factor. However, I have written to Omega to see if it can be split and for them to send me the full fare rules.