Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary Downgrade from F to CW YYZ LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I thought this was going to descend into another how bad CW is thread...

Who knows what these CW dislikers will be discussing next year when the new CW comes along

Sorry you’ve been downgraded. Glad you got a great service recovery!
No when that happens, I predict there may be many lamenting the loss of the current CW!
Old May 23, 2018, 1:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gig103
I liked KLM "World Business Class" on their 744-Combi, and I am trying AF 772 lay flats this summer. What is it about AF J that you thought was preferable, CWS? Food, perhaps? After all, you said that except the 772 it isn't even lay flat!
BEST seating on AF is actually very good, it seems that AF isn't able to invest properly in their J seating, but the angled seats are still reasonably good and spacious, just not flat or as comfortable as BA. The food and service on AF is pretty good, at least in my experience, albeit within a fairly formalised sense of professional detachment that goes with the territory.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Really amazing levels of service recovery there, considering what has been reported in the recent(ish) past on here.

As another data point we have friends who were on LHR-NRT in F using a 2-4-1, who were transferred to JAL F (albeit to Haneda) when BA withdrew F on the route, I think / presume because of 787 issues. Again - significantly better than recent experience.

Perhaps the director of customer experience is finally getting through to people at BA HQ?!
Old May 23, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Who knows what these CW dislikers will be discussing next year when the new CW comes along
They will continue discussing QR here because the QR forum does not seem to be an appropriate place for that...

To the OP - Great service recovery^
Old May 23, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: Some
Probably still Club World, because if you're imagining it's going to be anything close to an industry-leading product, you're deluded.
NoY likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I think there is some unfair criticism of CW here. Having flown United J - LHR-IAD return recently, I found myself yearning for the comfort of the BA seat. Yes the 2/4/2 config is not perfect, but having flown in a 777 with 2 / 4 /2 (4 rear facing) seats with zero privacy and mass clambering involved to get out to the toilet, plus surly staff, barely edible food and an all round 'how dare you soil my working environment by putting a passenger on this plane' attitude, its fair to say that BA is not that bad.

I've flown BA, AF, United, QR, Emirates and QF 'J' in the last 12 months or so and I'd say that its definitely not the best, but for me personally BA ranks above both QF and United as a product, and I'd happily use it for direct travel.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Angry

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Anyone got any idea when the “goodwill” 140K Avios per person will show up in our BA accounts?
Can you please tell me who you contacted at BA?
We have also been downgraded from First to Club World on a flight to Vancouver in December ( return flight is Club World as no First available)
We used a 2 for 1 and Avios points to book.
I phoned BA Silver Exec Club this afternoon and spent an hour being passed from one department to another.
The most they were willing to offer was difference of fare class, (20,000 Avios) and no gesture of good will.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by sentosa
We have also been downgraded from First to Club World on a flight to Vancouver in December ( return flight is Club World as no First available)
I phoned BA Silver Exec Club this afternoon and spent an hour being passed from one department to another.
The most they were willing to offer was difference of fare class, (20,000 Avios) and no gesture of good will.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks.
I've just had the same experience. I missed the phone call from the Executive Club yesterday and called back today. After a half hour, lots of button pushing, and 3 sets of security questions I ended up talking to someone about the issue.
I Booked 2 YYZ-LHR in F return with a 2-4-1. $2,483 Cdn + 136K Avios. We've already flown the YYZ-LHR leg and we've been downgraded for the return in December. I was offered a refund of 18,000 Avios and was told there was no other compensation available. Taxes remain the same. If I want to cancel the rest of the ticket I'll get my "un-used taxes back", but they were unable to immediately confirm what that amount would be and will be emailing me that info later. There wouldn't be any points refunded and the 2-4-1 remains (obviously) used.
Taxes for a one-way YYZ-LHR in F are $503 Cdn per person, so I'd expect a refund of about $1,479. I'd also like at least half the points back, but I suppose I can write in afterwards and argue for that.
I'm sorry to see the reduction in service to YYZ, I really enjoy the F experience at Heathrow and the flight itself. My preference on this route in J is Air Canada and there's good reward availability for our dates. As a SE100K I can book reward flights without the YQ fuel surcharge so the taxes/fees are "only" $346 per person.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by sentosa

Any Suggestions??

Thanks.
Had the same experience today from both YouFirst and Customer Service, as asked for similar compensation for our 787 flight impacted by RR engines. Quite frustrating and point blank denial of this ever being offered to customers.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:21 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I've just had the same experience. I missed the phone call from the Executive Club yesterday and called back today. After a half hour, lots of button pushing, and 3 sets of security questions I ended up talking to someone about the issue.
I Booked 2 YYZ-LHR in F return with a 2-4-1. $2,483 Cdn + 136K Avios. We've already flown the YYZ-LHR leg and we've been downgraded for the return in December. I was offered a refund of 18,000 Avios and was told there was no other compensation available. Taxes remain the same. If I want to cancel the rest of the ticket I'll get my "un-used taxes back", but they were unable to immediately confirm what that amount would be and will be emailing me that info later. There wouldn't be any points refunded and the 2-4-1 remains (obviously) used.
Taxes for a one-way YYZ-LHR in F are $503 Cdn per person, so I'd expect a refund of about $1,479. I'd also like at least half the points back, but I suppose I can write in afterwards and argue for that.
I'm sorry to see the reduction in service to YYZ, I really enjoy the F experience at Heathrow and the flight itself. My preference on this route in J is Air Canada and there's good reward availability for our dates. As a SE100K I can book reward flights without the YQ fuel surcharge so the taxes/fees are "only" $346 per person.

Isn't your situation because it is a return, and once the outward leg has been flown, the return is lost if you cancel as far as avios is concerned.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
The total taxes/fees/charges are the same for J and F - i.e. for return bookings F out and back TFC would be the same and F out and J back TFC.

Last edited by KARFA; May 24, 2018 at 12:21 am
Old May 24, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Isn't your situation because it is a return, and once the outward leg has been flown, the return is lost if you cancel as far as avios is concerned.
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that. I usually book one-ways but had to do a return for the 2-4-1.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Thanks!! Sorry just saw it. I was in a venting mode.

We ended up taking the 140K Avios per person as a goodwill and 36K Avios in difference of cabin. Not bad.
@theOtherHolmes - would you mind sharing the flight number and date that was affected? BA Customer service have said they would consider offering similar goodwill if they can see another case where it has been offered - me and my wife were impacted by 787 to SJC.

thanks
J
Old May 24, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
But in the event of a cancellation (as is the case here) an involuntary refund should be offered. I don't know how the 2-4-1 voucher would be dealt with, but Avios should be refunded.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
For those affected by these changes, worth having a read of the this topic - especially the final outcome: BA Involuntary Downgrade F>J – but with ample notice, what are my rights? (1st post)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.