Search

Back to back problem in IST?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Back to back problem in IST?

Question...

Flying LHR-IST tomorrow evening on BA. Arrive IST around 2330.

Flying back IST-LGW on TK Wednesday morning departure 0735.

Planning to spend my stopover on TK Lounge with no e-Visa (transit only).

Will I be okay with that length of stopover in terms of transiting?

BA won’t let me print boarding pass due to problem with my documents. Presumably lack of e-visa.

Anything to worry about?
Old May 21, 2018, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Vgravity
BA won’t let me print boarding pass due to problem with my documents. Presumably lack of e-visa.

Anything to worry about?
I don't think so, but maybe print this out:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/data/KONSOLOSL...1-december.pdf

It should be fairly well known that you can pay for a visa on arrival, and frankly this is the line you should stick to, if asked. There are other reasons why boarding pass printing hasn't happened so it may not be that. Moreover I don't actually think BA can tell if you have an e-visa, I don't think there's a data feed out on that one. Must say this seems a rather tedious way to spend a visit to an amazing city, but there you go!
AdBoy likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't think so, but maybe print this out:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/data/KONSOLOSL...1-december.pdf

It should be fairly well known that you can pay for a visa on arrival, and frankly this is the line you should stick to, if asked. There are other reasons why boarding pass printing hasn't happened so it may not be that. Moreover I don't actually think BA can tell if you have an e-visa, I don't think there's a data feed out on that one. Must say this seems a rather tedious way to spend a visit to an amazing city, but there you go!
Thanks. It’s a needs must scenario to preserve my *G status.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Question...

Flying LHR-IST tomorrow evening on BA. Arrive IST around 2330.

Flying back IST-LGW on TK Wednesday morning departure 0735.

Planning to spend my stopover on TK Lounge with no e-Visa (transit only).

Will I be okay with that length of stopover in terms of transiting?

Anything to worry about?
Make sure that you print out your 'onward' TK boarding pass before you go - you can then show that to the bloke on the jetbridge as you deplane and head straight up to the departure level, thereby bypassing transit security. And the cinema room+eyemask+earplugs is your best bet for some kip in the lounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.