Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should Bronze tier have access to Galleries (1 or 2 invites per year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should Bronze tier have access to Galleries (1 or 2 invites per year)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pheonix254
BA could just make a dedicated bronze lounge at LHR - Fill the fridges with special brew, have a fish & chip/kebab counter in the corner, an area with some slot machines and a bookies plus some big TVs blaring the lastest epidode of Jeremy Kyle!
And The Sun and Daily Mail would be in plentiful supply
Old May 22, 2018, 4:18 am

I see the class system is well and truly alive and kicking on FT
Old May 22, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I see the class system is well and truly alive and kicking on FT
Unfortunately the same can't be said for the famed British sense of humour.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:54 am

Stumbled on to this thread...... and FWIW the NZ FF program ("Airpoints") offers 2 lounge vouchers (and 1 upgrade voucher) a year to Silver level members... which would be Bronze equivalent. Having ended a long run of Gold or even Elite status with that program and dropped to Silver I have to say those little perks were much appreciated....

So such things are not unknown.....
Old May 22, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
BA could just make a dedicated bronze lounge at LHR - Fill the fridges with special brew, have a fish & chip/kebab counter in the corner, an area with some slot machines and a bookies plus some big TVs blaring the lastest epidode of Jeremy Kyle!
You sir are a genius. You've just described my ideal lounge. Add in a some pie & mash, a snooker table and live football and I'll be begging for a downgrade
Old May 22, 2018, 6:42 am

Given the appalling behaviour described in the DYKWIA thread attributed often to Gold members, I would suggest that, if we are now generalising, their lounge should be supplied with relevant yobbo and and lower middle class offerings similar to those suggested above.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Can you specify which ones you have in mind that BA gives to its own bronze only? Most of the benefits I can think of (check in, boarding group, advance seat selection at a specific time, etc) are all extended to all OW Ruby and not just BA Bronze to be honest.
I am making a generic point, not specific to BA. On ST and *A FFP the low tier benefit (*S level, AF Silver) does apply only to the FFP with a few exception (United grants some priority checkin to *S). BA is actually an exception I realize as effectively they do extend their benefit to the alliance.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am making a generic point, not specific to BA. On ST and *A FFP the low tier benefit (*S level, AF Silver) does apply only to the FFP with a few exception (United grants some priority checkin to *S). BA is actually an exception I realize as effectively they do extend their benefit to the alliance.
Ah, ok now I see what you mean. For LH, you are right, but I think that it is not so much to do with the level and more to the alliance. *A is a far more diffuse alliance than the other two in terms of accrual, redemption, benefits, etc and this particularly shows at the level of FTL. To be honest, for AF-KL, most of the benefits for FB silvers are actually the same as for other ST Elite (there are marginal exceptions, but not on such big things as lounge access for instance) and from that point of view, I would say that the exception is LH rather than BA, which is actually a lot closer to the AF model.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
For this I would make an effort to retain Bronze every year, especially if I can sit in front of the tv in only my y-fronts and throw the empty Special Brew cans at Jeremy Kyle.
smokie36 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
No.

I find myself in the similar situation to this:

although I have never been Gold.

I will drop to Bronze in January 2019 due to reduced BA flying but will not really miss the GC lounges, a few of my non-BA flights this year have meant waiting in airport cafes which haven’t been too bad (it’s what I used to do years ago before Silver) and I might get a Priority Pass instead.
I'd give up CCR to get a seat at wagamamas. It's my fav part of LHR
Old May 22, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Agree!! Wagamamas breakfasts (particularly the sausage katsu stack and a blueberry spice) are one of the best bits of T5! A real shame they don't have them outside of airports. I sometimes go there before heading to the lounge - beats a BA bacon roll any day!
Old May 23, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I had forgotten about Wagamama’s breakfasts, thanks for the reminder.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Wagamamas breakfasts (particularly the sausage katsu stack and a blueberry spice)!
Mmm, that sounds good, I’m partial to Chicken Katsu curry so maybe I need to check this out.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:02 pm

Isn’t The Sun the standard newspaper in the lounges anyway?

Not until they bring back The Daily Telegraph will the world right itself.
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965

Mmm, that sounds good, I’m partial to Chicken Katsu curry so maybe I need to check this out.
I used to love Wagamama, living in Japan has ruined their food for me.

ANA often gives lounge access to domestic and international passengers in Y that meet certain criteria. Booking on certain dates, so many bookings in a month, etc. I think BA could do this, but it would have to be subject to lounge capacity. I have no problem sharing a lounge with anyone, those that can only fly Y for economic reasons or because their company doesn't stump up J for them can often be more polite than DYKWIA types who think holding a GGL card makes them akin to royalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.