Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checking Bags on BA - Separate Award Tickets and...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum

Flying IAD-LHR-ZRH-LHR on an award ticket. First/Business.

On the sector ZRH-LHR connecting to LHR-SEZ on a separate award ticket. LHR-SEZ is in First.

Will BA check our bags from ZRH to the LHR-SEZ sector? One person on award and another on revenue for ZRH-LHR.

Thank you.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
BA no longer through checking baggage with separate tickets
Old May 20, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
BA won't check through on separate tickets.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I had the same situation (connecting in Heathrow on 2 separate award tickets) in February and tried making the point to the agent that the cost would have been identical had they been in a single PNR. No dice, the answer was that under no circumstances will they check luggage through on separate record locators (I believe you can have separate tickets under a single record locator and that would work but if already ticketed that doesn't help you).
Old May 20, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
We have four hours so not really a problem.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
We have four hours so not really a problem.
So long as your inbound flight is not substantially delayed, and you don't get seriously delayed at immigration. I believe that the T5 bag drop deadline remains 45 minutes, although the check-in deadline is now 60 minutes. And it'll be worth sketching a plan B in your mind, just in case.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Immigration should not be a big issue since I can use ePassport gate or fast track. I will just send my wife to the CCR and deal with the bags. Since there is only a flight twice a week to the Seychelles... Plan B will not be very attractive.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is not a matter of logic. It is a simple rule which is baked into the software. Same on AA. OW no longer requires it for interline, but carriers are free to exceed the standard.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Update. Upon check-in at Zurich they checked our bags through to the Seychelles without batting an eye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.