Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is the Lloyds Avios upgrade voucher changing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

The Amex 241 voucher -which can be redeemed via British Airways website and customer services- must be redeemed and flown within the 1 or 2 year validity period.

Currently the Lloyds vouchers can be redeemed for flights beyond their validity date.

After the Avios platform closure, the Lloyds upgrade voucher will need to be redeemed through British Airways customer services also, instead of the Avios website / customer services.
The TCs for this voucher does not specificly mentions that the voucher can be used for flights beyond the validy date, and so the question is whether BA will stick to the way it works now, or applies the same policy for both the AMEX and the LLoyds voucher (redeemed and flown within validity)?

Also does anybody have an idea why it is not possible to use this voucher for flights from LCY? BA0001 is half empty most of the time, and it would make business sense to fill it up even if is with the use of Avios redemptions.

Last edited by let_BAegones_be; May 19, 2018 at 10:33 pm
Old May 20, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
You can book BA1 using the voucher. It shows up when searching for flights online. The T&Cs say flights from LCY are excluded, but the flights can be selected and booked.

This might change when it goes to phone booking only I guess.

Has anyone got a card that expires after October this year though?
Old May 20, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yes @chistery. My new cards came a few days ago.. Both expire 05/22. I was very surprised (and pleased) though I suppose there is nothing to stop them withdrawing one or both cards before then.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Thanks @Iamnotlost, good to know, as everyone seemed to be getting 10/18 so maybe they have made a decision to carry on in the short term a bit longer.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chistery
Thanks @Iamnotlost, good to know, as everyone seemed to be getting 10/18 so maybe they have made a decision to carry on in the short term a bit longer.
Mine shows 2021...3 years from my last renewal.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:02 am

It was my understanding that you don't book with BA via phone, you call Avios customer services and book with them.

How much longer they'll exist I don't know - but perhaps they'll retain a small team that will deal with AerClub and/or Flybe that will be able to book them?
Old May 20, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chistery
You can book BA1 using the voucher. It shows up when searching for flights online. The T&Cs say flights from LCY are excluded, but the flights can be selected and booked.

This might change when it goes to phone booking only I guess.

Has anyone got a card that expires after October this year though?
I am afraid you are wrong. You can try to book it, but the price of the flights will remain the same, as if no vouchers are used.
You can not use the voucher for LCY flights.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be

I am afraid you are wrong. You can try to book it, but the price of the flights will remain the same, as if no vouchers are used.
You can not use the voucher for LCY flights.
I've booked it and flown it., so not sure how I can be wrong.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
My other half has booked and flown CWLCY twice using Lloyds vouchers, you just book it as any other flight on the Avios website.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC
The Ts & Cs say that the booking must be made within 12 months of earning the voucher. Is there any limit to when the flights must be flown?
Old May 20, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerGill
The Ts & Cs say that the booking must be made within 12 months of earning the voucher. Is there any limit to when the flights must be flown?
The only limit is the booking window - if the voucher expired on X day, then you could only book the flights to be within the next 355 days.

One thing I don’t know about is flexibility to change bookings, which may be a useful feature if possible.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:43 am

Thanks, that's what I thought but doubts were beginning to creep in.
I have one expiring in July so need to book soon. Its good to know that BA1 is bookable, will try it.
Does anyone know how long the BA1 service is likely to be available for?
Old May 20, 2018, 6:24 am

Not seen anything to suggest BA are planning on cancelling BA1/2, just comments from people here who can't believe BA haven't cancelled it yet.

When the web site eventually goes and you have to phone up I guess things may change with booking BA1/2 if they start quoting T&Cs, but we'll have to wait and see for that.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:38 am

Just how do I book BA1 with a voucher?
I know it has to be done over the phone but the voucher is for a one cabin upgrade and there are no other cabins to upgrade from.
Do I pay the avios and tax for economy or pe?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerGill
Just how do I book BA1 with a voucher?
I know it has to be done over the phone but the voucher is for a one cabin upgrade and there are no other cabins to upgrade from.
Do I pay the avios and tax for economy or pe?
Tax is based on your ticketed final travel class (CW) not PE. Avios is based on original booked travel class (normally PE when you upgrade to CW).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.