JFK preflight dining choices 😱

Old May 18, 18, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
JFK preflight dining choices 😱

Wow. I understand that as a result of the ongoing refurbishment options can be limited. But the food offering today (18 May ‘18) is quite something.

In the interest of brevity I won’t illustrate all the ‘delectable options’ but only post my absolute favourite.

Korean Beef Pho

i was excited about that so u picked up the bowl and asked for the soup to be added (Pho = noodle soup https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho?wprov=sfti1)

I got an incredibly stern look, like I was out of my mind, and was told that the dish was ‘ready’. Nothing to be added.

Take a look for yourself 🍲

Old May 18, 18, 6:39 pm

Ha. I had to wait a bit for someone to soup it up for me but they did oblige. Totally not worth it.
ukflo likes this.
Old May 20, 18, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
I agree- I didn't really like that dish, even though I had accepted it was unlikely to be anything 'pho' like anyway. Beef was so overcooked in a way only BA can consistently achieve. The alternative curry was pretty awful too. Food at BA lounges in the NE USA has become borderline terrible.
Old May 20, 18, 8:06 am

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road View Post
I agree- I didn't really like that dish, even though I had accepted it was unlikely to be anything 'pho' like anyway. Beef was so overcooked in a way only BA can consistently achieve. The alternative curry was pretty awful too. Food at BA lounges in the NE USA has become borderline terrible.
try EWR. Seems to be one place BA hasn’t yet managed to run into the ground.
Old May 20, 18, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road View Post
Food at BA lounges in the NE USA has become borderline terrible.
Probably because AA sets the bar so hideously low, it becomes an acceptable aim...
Old May 20, 18, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
JFK lounge was so hot last Fri I wouldn't want to eat there again anyway, and the Gold lounge is closed at the moment.

The AA lounge you can get into if Gold in T8 is fine and the food quite good, though the service is exceptionally slow (>1hr to get a burger - when it comes it's great, but at least once I've had to leave before the food turned up), and you can normally get an AA operated return for the same price. I think I might do that again next time.
Old May 20, 18, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy View Post

try EWR. Seems to be one place BA hasn’t yet managed to run into the ground.
Agree with this. Always find the EWR lounge food to be better than JFK. Annoying really as I live 20 minutes from EWR but my company's fare rules always force me to trek the 1.5 hours to JFK as the fares are consistently cheaper

Search this Thread
Search Engine: