Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOS-LHR Unexplained Op-Up

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
LOS-LHR Unexplained Op-Up

just checked in for my return from LOS to find I’ve been Op-Up’d again to WT+.

received this both ways on same route back in October on same flights and my outbound this time also. Understandable on previous three as Y was jam packed and I’m on a full Y fare with Silver status.

confused this time though as when I checked the flight load on Wednesday Economy looked half empty (even showing discount fares although only quotes of checking prices were very expensive).

any knowledgable FTers with a potential explanation for this Op-Up? I’ll be sure to get a look in Y later to see how full it is but seems strange given apparent availability.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Tonight's LOS-LHR is

F1 A0
J5 C0 D0 R0 I0
W6 E0 T0
Y7 B1 H1 K1 M1 L1 V1 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
So it seems like F is full, J has four or five seats and they're willing to fill each of the cabins by rolling forward Y. Looks like a pretty full flight.

I also seem to remember reading that LOS-LHR is famous for massive overselling but I'm not sure of the reason.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
OK Ramadan has just started, but nevertheless loads from LOS are rarely low! I'm seeing similar numbers to Cymro, I think it is oversold and that would be normal there. The local travel agency network weakness, and BA's monopoly on the service means that BA are used to living with massive overselling on that route, sometimes into 3 figures.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:09 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK Ramadan has just started, but nevertheless loads from LOS are rarely low! I'm seeing similar numbers to Cymro, I think it is oversold and that would be normal there. The local travel agency network weakness, and BA's monopoly on the service means that BAh are used to living with massive overselling on that route, sometimes into 3 figures.
huh? What about the direct VS service? Agreed though that it's always packed, I got a Y-W upgrade outbound this week
Old May 18, 2018, 2:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
huh? What about the direct VS service? Agreed though that it's always packed, I got a Y-W upgrade outbound this week
I must admit I thought VS had pulled out so I stand corrected, but there again it must be a huge cash generator for them so they would be mad to leave.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Flight info from Cymro does seem to have filled up a bit from when I asked the other day and as CWS says it is notorious for overbooking, but still showing reasonable availability in Y so interesting (at least to me) that I've been Op-Upped already, I certainly won't complain though
Old May 18, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by Cymro
Tonight's LOS-LHR is

So it seems like F is full, J has four or five seats and they're willing to fill each of the cabins by rolling forward Y. Looks like a pretty full flight.

I also seem to remember reading that LOS-LHR is famous for massive overselling but I'm not sure of the reason.
Significant number of no-shows, missed connections and document irregularities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.