FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Latam Premium Business Z-fare No Longer Eligible for TPs/Avios? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1909821-latam-premium-business-z-fare-no-longer-eligible-tps-avios.html)

RafKa May 17, 18 10:39 am

Latam Premium Business Z-fare No Longer Eligible for TPs/Avios?
 
Thinking of booking BOG-GRU (or BOG-SCL-GRU for additional points) in Premium Business as the difference is not so big on my dates ($250 more each way). These book into Z-class.

Now, they used to accrue 140 TPs on BA, but since Latam Chile and Brazil merged their booking systems, Class Z seems to have fallen off the eligible accrue fares (per BA's website). It's a normal revenue class, so any ideas if this is a fluke or it's viewed as a deeply discounted J product which should not accrue? Confusingly, it shows Z still accrues under TAM (but not Latam).

Who should I contact at BAEC to clarify?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...922f14b507.jpg

Full TPs prior to May 11
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b667351c2.jpg

No TPs after May 11

bisonrav May 17, 18 10:50 am

I believe its a deliberate change. I was looking at this last week for Frankfurt to Madrid

RafKa May 17, 18 3:58 pm

It does look like it. What's weird is that BA award tickets in coach book into P-class on Latam, which earns TPs per Premium Economy. So for once that I'm willing to splurge on J I don't get any.

CPH-Flyer May 17, 18 6:15 pm

I wonder if this has to do with TAM coming from Star Alliance where Z is discounted business, and LAN from OneWorld where Z is award first class. As they harmonize booking classes, Z will stop being a revenue booking class, and BA is just a bit early on the trigger?

cgtechuk May 17, 18 6:28 pm


Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 29766052)
It does look like it. What's weird is that BA award tickets in coach book into P-class on Latam, which earns TPs per Premium Economy. So for once that I'm willing to splurge on J I don't get any.


How certain are you on this? all the tickets I have on LAN on award tickets are all showing as T class for economy on Latam, Has this also changed?

RafKa May 17, 18 7:31 pm


Originally Posted by cgtechuk (Post 29766487)
How certain are you on this? all the tickets I have on LAN on award tickets are all showing as T class for economy on Latam, Has this also changed?

100%. Thatís what they booked into in the past (as I consistently got 100 TPs for AKL-SCL in coach on at least rtn trips over the last 2-3 years) but perhaps itís changed over the last 6 months? I currently have a few active BA award bookings on Latam but I donít know where to check the booking class?

Bobbex May 17, 18 7:51 pm

This is really annoying and I hope an error on the part of BA similar to when R class fares on QR were tagged as ineligible for TPs and Avios. They later fixed the chart. I made several Latam bookings last month that fall into the Z bucket but I won't be flying them until the end of the year. If I had thought BA was going to pull a stunt like this I would have booked with Avianca and topped up my Star Alliance balance instead.

Bob

SKT-DK May 17, 18 8:34 pm

Sounds similar to what I experienced earlier in the year on a BA ticket via KUL in I-class with an onward MH connection. Apparently I-class on MH is not eligible for even reduced TPs/Avios, whereas even a discounted economy ticket will be! Quite disappointing - surely even a discounted business class fare should earn more than the cheapest eligible Economy given the price tag.

CPH-Flyer May 17, 18 9:17 pm


Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 29766745)
Sounds similar to what I experienced earlier in the year on a BA ticket via KUL in I-class with an onward MH connection. Apparently I-class on MH is not eligible for even reduced TPs/Avios, whereas even a discounted economy ticket will be! Quite disappointing - surely even a discounted business class fare should earn more than the cheapest eligible Economy given the price tag.

MH I fares have been an issue on many OW programs for a long while now. If you bid for an upgrade on MH it reissues in I (or used to) which then makes earnings zero.

Schwann May 18, 18 3:15 am

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d79089fa4.jpeg


I got Z avios and tier points from flights last week. Even bigger shocker.. they posted automatically!

CPH-Flyer May 18, 18 3:22 am


Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 29767479)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d79089fa4.jpeg


I got Z avios and tier points from flights last week. Even bigger shocker.. they posted automatically!

The cut off was the 11th. When did you fly, and when did they post?

RafKa May 18, 18 3:59 am


Originally Posted by Bobbex (Post 29766657)
This is really annoying and I hope an error on the part of BA similar to when R class fares on QR were tagged as ineligible for TPs and Avios. They later fixed the chart. I made several Latam bookings last month that fall into the Z bucket but I won't be flying them until the end of the year. If I had thought BA was going to pull a stunt like this I would have booked with Avianca and topped up my Star Alliance balance instead.

Bob

Is there a department at BAEC one could call for clarification? I wanted to pull the trigger on those flights soon. Otherwise, like you, Iíll be looking at Avianca instead which is actually more convenient for my needs.

mzb00 May 18, 18 4:17 am

On the positive side - and I hadn't noticed that BA was changing earning rates for LA/JJ (thanks for pointing it out) - Economy earning rates have improved. Really good to see that A fare is now eligible for earning (I've missed out on a few of those in the past year), and quite a few fare classes moved up to 50% earnings.

Schwann May 18, 18 5:14 am


Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29767494)
The cut off was the 11th. When did you fly, and when did they post?

10th May! That was close then. Anyway, apologies.. I didn't read the thread in it's fullest to realise there had been a cutoff.

Presumably they would honour TPs for tickets issued before the changes were announced? Or not?

CPH-Flyer May 18, 18 5:39 am


Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 29767698)
10th May! That was close then. Anyway, apologies.. I didn't read the thread in it's fullest to realise there had been a cutoff.

Presumably they would honour TPs for tickets issued before the changes were announced? Or not?

Airlines generally don't honour tickets purchased before the announced changes Maybe BA is generous?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:48 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.