FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Latam Premium Business Z-fare No Longer Eligible for TPs/Avios? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1909821-latam-premium-business-z-fare-no-longer-eligible-tps-avios.html)

RafKa May 18, 2018 6:08 am

Originally Posted by mzb00 (Post 29767588)
On the positive side - and I hadn't noticed that BA was changing earning rates for LA/JJ (thanks for pointing it out) - Economy earning rates have improved. Really good to see that A fare is now eligible for earning (I've missed out on a few of those in the past year), and quite a few fare classes moved up to 50% earnings.

That's what I find strange: A-fare is Basic Economy (in Brazil at least), so why they would add that while eliminating a discounted business fare is beyond me.

etiene May 18, 2018 8:07 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29767752)
Airlines generally don't honour tickets purchased before the announced changes Maybe BA is generous?

I think something similar happened with the QR R class fares and people did eventually get credit after "appealing" the decision to BAEC based on terms when booked. However, I was not affected and only saw that here afterwards so I would appeal to the FT institutional memory for more concrete information...

cgtechuk May 18, 2018 8:11 am

Originally Posted by etiene (Post 29768175)
I think something similar happened with the QR R class fares and people did eventually get credit after "appealing" the decision to BAEC based on terms when booked. However, I was not affected and only saw that here afterwards so I would appeal to the FT institutional memory for more concrete information...

Not technically true, The R class on QR was a mistake when setting the table up and was completley unintentional the BA rep even replied to the post to confirm.

Take the A to I class changes on AA anything after the change date regardless of when booked got the lower rate

etiene May 18, 2018 8:36 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk (Post 29768184)
Not technically true, The R class on QR was a mistake when setting the table up and was completley unintentional the BA rep even replied to the post to confirm.

Take the A to I class changes on AA anything after the change date regardless of when booked got the lower rate

Fair enough, I figured the institutional memory would know more!

Swissairasia Jun 5, 2018 5:26 am

Just contacted BAEC-Gold Hotline regarding that very same question (No Avios or TP on Z Fares of LA) and they have confirmed me that this has been a change done on purpose by LATAM on the 11th of May. So i guess we will really need to live with the fact that Z will not give any Avios & TP anymore. Very sad and strange indeed. Especially because on one of my standard routings (MAD-UIO, operated by IB) the Z fares of LATAM are regularly 1k EUR cheaper than the ones on IB itself, which is also kind of weird anyway.

Cheers from Switzerland

etiene Jun 5, 2018 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Swissairasia (Post 29830659)
Just contacted BAEC-Gold Hotline regarding that very same question (No Avios or TP on Z Fares of LA) and they have confirmed me that this has been a change done on purpose by LATAM on the 11th of May. So i guess we will really need to live with the fact that Z will not give any Avios & TP anymore. Very sad and strange indeed. Especially because on one of my standard routings (MAD-UIO, operated by IB) the Z fares of LATAM are regularly 1k EUR cheaper than the ones on IB itself, which is also kind of weird anyway.

Cheers from Switzerland

Good to know - glad I saw all this before trying to integrate the MAD-FRA flight into a TP run!

megaloman Jun 5, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by RafKa (Post 29764855)
Thinking of booking BOG-GRU (or BOG-SCL-GRU for additional points) in Premium Business as the difference is not so big on my dates ($250 more each way). These book into Z-class.

Now, they used to accrue 140 TPs on BA, but since Latam Chile and Brazil merged their booking systems, Class Z seems to have fallen off the eligible accrue fares (per BA's website). It's a normal revenue class, so any ideas if this is a fluke or it's viewed as a deeply discounted J product which should not accrue? Confusingly, it shows Z still accrues under TAM (but not Latam).

Who should I contact at BAEC to clarify?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...922f14b507.jpg

Full TPs prior to May 11
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b667351c2.jpg

No TPs after May 11

I've asked BA on twitter a few days ago about this:
(not aware about this thread). My main question is - "Z" got removed, while "R" got added. LATAM doesn't sell "R" fare class. To me it looks like a copy & paste error from another table. Also looking at https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines/z it seems weird that BA doesn't earn avios / tier points, while other OW airlines still do, including IB.

DaveMidknight Jun 18, 2018 3:08 am

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 29831036)
I've asked BA on twitter a few days ago about this: https://twitter.com/super_marek/stat...69267465342976 (not aware about this thread). My main question is - "Z" got removed, while "R" got added. LATAM doesn't sell "R" fare class. To me it looks like a copy & paste error from another table. Also looking at where to credit it seems weird that BA doesn't earn avios / tier points, while other OW airlines still do, including IB.

Did you here back from the BA Team?

megaloman Jun 18, 2018 5:32 am

Originally Posted by DaveMidknight (Post 29877785)
Did you here back from the BA Team?

Not yet :(

cgtechuk Jun 19, 2018 9:12 am

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 29878014)
Not yet :(

This looks like a copy paste of the QR one as they had R as a screw up in the past also.

pnb Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm

From BA's website on June 22:

LATAM at a glance

• Included: LAN (LA), LAN Argentina (4M), LAN Colombia (4C), LAN Ecuador (XL), LAN Peru (LP) and TAM Airlines (JJ). Excludes the following flight ranges flown prior to 11 May 2018: 5200–6369, 7000–7859, 8200–8209, 8250–8341, 8350–8353, 8450–8499, 8600–8699, 9520–9529, 9542–9887..
  • Minimum Avios: no minimum.
  • Avios tier bonus? No.
  • Collect Tier Points? Yes (discount economy fares will earn fewer Tier Points depending on the fare purchased).
  • Reward flights: Infant must be booked as a child on LAN operated flights.
Avios awarded (percentage of flown miles)

Fare class (up to 10 May 2018) / Fare class (from 11 May 2018) / Avios
  • Economy lowest (V1, X3, S1, N2, Q2, O2, G3) / Economy lowest (A, Q, O, G) / 25%
  • Economy low (K4, M1, L1) / Economy low (K, L, M, N, S, V, X) / 50%
  • Economy flexible (Y, B, H) / Economy flexible (Y, B, H) / 100%
  • Premium economy (P5) / Premium economy (P) / 100%
  • Premium economy flexible (W) / Premium economy flexible (W) / 110%
  • Business (J, C, D, I, Z) / Business (J, C, D, I, Z) / 125%
  1. Avios and Tier Points are not available on flights operating wholly within Peru or Argentina.
  2. Avios and Tier Points are not available on flights operating wholly within Peru, Chile or Argentina.
  3. Avios and Tier Points are not available on flights operating wholly within Peru, Chile, Argentina or Ecuador.
  4. Avios and Tier Points are not available on flights operating wholly within Argentina.
  5. Available on certain flights within South America.
LAN Colombia (4C) is applicable for accrual of Avios in economy (discounted) class operating wholly within Colombia.

Although Z Tier Points are not specifically addressed, it looks as if we can be cautiously optimistic :)

megaloman Jun 22, 2018 2:53 pm

I've seen the new layout a few days ago and it still was showing R fare code, not Z. So So hopefully it's now fixed and it indeed was a copy&paste error.

stijnec Jun 23, 2018 9:53 am

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 29895994)
I've seen the new layout a few days ago and it still was showing R fare code, not Z. So So hopefully it's now fixed and it indeed was a copy&paste error.

let’s hope so, especially because the rates on Z return FRA-MAD are now very appealing at €163

Concerto Jun 23, 2018 10:36 am

What about if you credit to Iberia Plus, which is steadily becoming more attractive, will you receive the Avios per the rules of that programme?

ubiest Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 29898166)
What about if you credit to Iberia Plus, which is steadily becoming more attractive, will you receive the Avios per the rules of that programme?

Iberia says that Latam Z does indeed get Avios and Puntos Elite
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2ed399b82.jpeg