Opo lounge!!

Old May 17, 18, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Opo lounge!!

Pleasant surprise today at Porto airport - headed to the ANA lounge fully prepared to pay. As I got to the desk I noticed there was a BA sign on the wall, I asked her if I could access with a silver card and she said yes!!

About time BA!
Old May 17, 18, 8:38 am

Yes about time!
Old May 17, 18, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver.
I haven't flown BA to Porto for the whole time I've been going there purely because of this. My old *A gold card meant TAP all the way!

I've now lost *A gold so thanks BA for the perfect timing. I quite like that lounge.
Old May 17, 18, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
That's certainly good news!
Old May 17, 18, 9:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This lounge was enabled for BA flyers in February (previous discussion in the main Europe Lounge thread, see post 666) and is certainly a welcome addition, it's also not a bad lounge either. Emails went out to those who had bookings before the announcement, but I suspect not to those with bookings after the announcement.
Clareym66 likes this.
Old May 17, 18, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Apologies - totally missed it on the other thread!
Old May 17, 18, 12:58 pm

I'm going to be flying from OPO on Club Europe in a weeks' time - what's so special about the ANA lounge?

Can I get in with a Club Europe ticket (no BA status?)
Old May 17, 18, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by boonkoh View Post
I'm going to be flying from OPO on Club Europe in a weeks' time - what's so special about the ANA lounge?

Can I get in with a Club Europe ticket (no BA status?)
Special may be pitching it a bit too high, but it's a nice enough European shorthaul lounge, with pleasant staff, modern and clean, and a range of local and international snacks and drinks. If we accept this isn't in the same league as Cathay T3, for a relatively small airport it's a reasonable offering. You will get access via Club Europe. Rather more special is the splendid city of Oporto, with the historic bookshop of Livraria Lello and a great choice of restaurants and cafés.
dsf and boonkoh like this.
Old May 17, 18, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

The lounge obviously didn’t agree with me - I just passed out on the flight (half fell out of the toilet / caught by the wonderful CSM) I must say the crew were absolutely brilliant and really looked after me, it was all a bit scary but thankfully feeling ok now!!
Old May 17, 18, 3:11 pm

ANA has a lounge in Porto?
Old May 17, 18, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by NeedstoFly View Post
ANA has a lounge in Porto?
ANA indeed has lounges in Porto and Lisbon. Aeroportos e Navegação Aérea founded in the 1940s should not to be confused with that upstart airline All Nippon Airways, which is a mere 65 years old, though they doubtless also run a few lounges.
boonkoh, plunet and NeedstoFly like this.