FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Opo lounge!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1909793-opo-lounge.html)

Clareym66 May 17, 2018 8:34 am

Opo lounge!!

Pleasant surprise today at Porto airport - headed to the ANA lounge fully prepared to pay. As I got to the desk I noticed there was a BA sign on the wall, I asked her if I could access with a silver card and she said yes!!

About time BA!

FlyerTalker39574 May 17, 2018 8:38 am

Yes about time!

GaxxyFlyer May 17, 2018 8:42 am

I haven't flown BA to Porto for the whole time I've been going there purely because of this. My old *A gold card meant TAP all the way!

I've now lost *A gold so thanks BA for the perfect timing. I quite like that lounge.

onobond May 17, 2018 8:57 am

That's certainly good news!

corporate-wage-slave May 17, 2018 9:33 am

This lounge was enabled for BA flyers in February (previous discussion in the main Europe Lounge thread, see post 666) and is certainly a welcome addition, it's also not a bad lounge either. Emails went out to those who had bookings before the announcement, but I suspect not to those with bookings after the announcement.

Clareym66 May 17, 2018 9:36 am

Apologies - totally missed it on the other thread!

boonkoh May 17, 2018 12:58 pm

I'm going to be flying from OPO on Club Europe in a weeks' time - what's so special about the ANA lounge?

Can I get in with a Club Europe ticket (no BA status?)

corporate-wage-slave May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by boonkoh (Post 29765393)
I'm going to be flying from OPO on Club Europe in a weeks' time - what's so special about the ANA lounge?

Can I get in with a Club Europe ticket (no BA status?)

Special may be pitching it a bit too high, but it's a nice enough European shorthaul lounge, with pleasant staff, modern and clean, and a range of local and international snacks and drinks. If we accept this isn't in the same league as Cathay T3, for a relatively small airport it's a reasonable offering. You will get access via Club Europe. Rather more special is the splendid city of Oporto, with the historic bookshop of Livraria Lello and a great choice of restaurants and cafés.

Clareym66 May 17, 2018 1:16 pm

The lounge obviously didn’t agree with me - I just passed out on the flight (half fell out of the toilet / caught by the wonderful CSM) I must say the crew were absolutely brilliant and really looked after me, it was all a bit scary but thankfully feeling ok now!!

NeedstoFly May 17, 2018 3:11 pm

ANA has a lounge in Porto?

corporate-wage-slave May 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by NeedstoFly (Post 29765894)
ANA has a lounge in Porto?

ANA indeed has lounges in Porto and Lisbon. Aeroportos e Navegação Aérea founded in the 1940s should not to be confused with that upstart airline All Nippon Airways, which is a mere 65 years old, though they doubtless also run a few lounges.