Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Me in CW, friend in WT

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Hi there FlyingPixie, what an agreeably-worded first post !

You strike me (if I might say so) as a very balanced, respectful traveller, and for that reason I’m sure all will go well for you and your friend. Enjoy your trip, safe travels ^

Whatever you do (and I’m pretty confident the thought wouldn’t have entered your head ....) do not attempt to take drinks from CW back to your travel companion in Y. Someone apparently tried this on American Airlines. AA were having none of it, It all went horribly wrong ..... and ended in tears ! More here :

First class passenger kicked off American Airlines flight for trying to sneak drinks back to economy | Fox News
Old May 17, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Blue, EasyJet+
I've had this sort of experience in MCO before. Parents (both Silver at the time and travelling CW) and I checked in using the CW lane. I was also able to use the same security line as them and when it came time for boarding I, rather naively, stood back and waited in the Economy queue. Parents went to board and I was called forward at the same time as them by the GA who recognised them from check in and the fact I wasn't there. Nice gesture considering I was on a separate PNR from them (they had been there for two weeks, I only went for 8 days due to not being able to get all the time off work) and was promptly advised by the CSD that I could spend the Pre-Departure time with them in CW (albeit I wasn't allowed a PDB - quite rightly as I was actually sat in Y!)

I wasn't able to disembark with them, however, as the flight was completely full (a delay to the later flight, which we should have been on, meant that a lot of people had transferred to the earlier flight) but as I was in the bulkhead row of Y, I wasn't too far behind them in the immigration queue at LGW (I have a feeling they waited in the corridor to immigration for me)

So to answer OP's questions, 1) Yes, 2) Yes, 3) I don't know as didn't get the opportunity to do this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:56 am

You could always do the nice thing and surprise upgrade your friend to club.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
In my case I am the more experienced traveler and other family members have no clue what to do if something goes wrong. If I were to board first and a family member boarding after me got rejected for some reason (ticket problem, oversold, whatever) they would be hosed. That is why I like to board together even if sitting separately, so I can help inexperienced members of my traveling party in case something goes wrong.
Easily solved by hanging back and boarding with them I would have thought?
HMPS and LBA_flyer like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
CIHY C W S or others...isn't or wasn't there a rule that one has to remain in their assigned seats during take offs and landings ?
Old May 19, 2018, 7:12 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HMPS
CIHY C W S or others...isn't or wasn't there a rule that one has to remain in their assigned seats during take offs and landings ?
i have never heard this on BA unless there is a particular trim issue. where this has happened I have heard them say ‘On this occasion we would ask that passengers take their seats as indicated on their boarding passes”. This would suggest that formally or informally BA doesn’t have this rule. I heard it on every one of the QF flights I’ve taken over the last few weeks

Last edited by itsmeitisss; May 19, 2018 at 7:18 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No we don’t have this rule but we wouldn’t move lots of customers without checking with the flight crew for any trim issues.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Can I help you
No we don’t have this rule but we wouldn’t move lots of customers without checking with the flight crew for any trim issues.
Thank you CIHY & itsmeitisss If not BA than I have seen crew family/ friends coming into J after take off and quietly sent back to Y prior to landing. It could have been one of the ME3 or even Kuwait Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.