Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preparing for your trip...

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Preparing for your trip...

Yes, those emails that BA typically send out a few days before you travel. Received one today for a flight in November 2018! Wonder if that's a record for the most notice they've given?

I guess they want me to be really prepared
frasier likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
They do seem increasingly random these days. I got one for a flight in 2019... initially thought I must have got the date wrong when I booked it...
Old May 16, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I find them super annoying and they are getting more and more random when they send them.
pennineuk and drphun like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
They do seem increasingly random these days. I got one for a flight in 2019... initially thought I must have got the date wrong when I booked it...
So far they've totally ignored my two short haul flights next week and the two long haul ones the following week!
Old May 16, 2018, 8:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Would this be an email with the subject Your Departure PNR: date time? I received one last month for a departure in September, but it might have been notifying me of a change in time. Nothing in the email mentioned a change, but I noticed that the scheduled departure was now a few minutes later.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Yes, it includes the PNR and date/time. I don't recall whether the time has changed. It's the LHR-JNB A380 daily flight. The email says departure is 21:10, I vaguely recall that it was 21:30 before but might be wrong on that.

If they're going to notify on time changes it would be better if the email was actually titled that.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's nothing....Aegean Airlines have sent me 6 in the last 12 days.

Plus another 30 since the start of the year. Never flown with them and have no plans to. My own fault of course as I imagine I could unsuscribe from their mailing list.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by HIDDY; May 16, 2018 at 9:09 am
Old May 16, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
Would this be an email with the subject Your Departure PNR: date time? I received one last month for a departure in September, but it might have been notifying me of a change in time. Nothing in the email mentioned a change, but I noticed that the scheduled departure was now a few minutes later.
Oooh, you could be on to something! I got one for a flight in September last week as well (plenty of flights inbetween): looking into it now, I can see that the departure time has moved. So have these emails always been for time changes (in which case it would be nice if they actually highlighted that!), rather than just random spam?
Old May 16, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’m sure it’s well-meaning by BA, for their infrequent flyers. I guess filtering them to prevent them being sent to this community woukd just generate another bug in BA’s IT systems.

Anyway, it’s the work of a second to delete the email, like so many others I receive!
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by GrahamClarke
Yes, those emails that BA typically send out a few days before you travel. Received one today for a flight in November 2018! Wonder if that's a record for the most notice they've given?
Don't these come out at certain intervals before travel? I'm sure I've recently seen some that have been sent exactly three months before travel. Was yours exactly at the six month point?
Old May 16, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Don't these come out at certain intervals before travel? I'm sure I've recently seen some that have been sent exactly three months before travel. Was yours exactly at the six month point?
Nope. Travel is on 8th Nov, received email yesterday. Why couldn't they just title it "Notification of change of flight time" or something that was actually useful?
Old May 16, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I got one for my car hire... . Took a while to work it out since it was only for 6 hours (actually for a BWI-IAD transfer)!
Old May 16, 2018, 2:00 pm

I have just received an email telling me that it is a year since I last booked a BA flight. But I have flown 18 times with BA over that time! I do wonder at times.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Surprised* yesterday to find mail reminders for all but one of my BA reservations (mid December). None of these reminders concerned flights on the 15th of the. respective months ( late May, mid June, late July, mid and late August, late September, mid October and mid November)

*in diplomatical words
Old May 16, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by CKBA
I got one for my car hire... . Took a while to work it out since it was only for 6 hours (actually for a BWI-IAD transfer)!
Were you provided with a link to MMB, to carefully select among all available seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.