Paying BA Holidays deposit question

Old May 16, 18, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club
Paying BA Holidays deposit question

Hopefully a simple question!

I am looking to book flights to the US - if I book a flight & hotel for the whole trip, I am offered the chance to pay a deposit and pay balance in due course.

Is it possible to book a hotel for only one night, or a flight and car and still pay the deposit or is this not possible? I've tried booking it but only get the 'pay entire sum now' option.

Can anyone help?
Old May 16, 18, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
You can certainly do this as I have today paid the outstanding balance on a 3 week holiday next month, ex-EU, where we only booked the first 3 days accommodation with BA and paid a deposit 6 months ago. Have you tried Customize my trip option ?
Old May 16, 18, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by melanddave View Post
You can certainly do this as I have today paid the outstanding balance on a 3 week holiday next month, ex-EU, where we only booked the first 3 days accommodation with BA and paid a deposit 6 months ago. Have you tried Customize my trip option ?
Tried that - ran it for a 10 day trip vi the BA holidays site, asked for one nights hotel accommodation and it keeps trying to charge me full amount now.

How do I get to only pay a deposit with BA Holidays?
Old May 16, 18, 4:45 am

Programs: BA SILVER (temp..)
Go to the personalise holiday section; you can do car hires / hotels for one night + and flights including open jaw

Works great and you only pay a deposit
Old May 16, 18, 4:46 am

Programs: BA SILVER (temp..)
https://www.britishairways.com/badp/...=1526467549459

Hoepfully this link works !
Old May 16, 18, 4:49 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
If all else fails, phone up because youll get the added advantage of the 24hr cooling off period.
Old May 16, 18, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Sort of - I can build the trip, and its saying total price of X per person (in this case looking at 3791 per person) on the 'total price' page.

I then go to 'select rooms' and it suddenly tries to charge me 7582 for a two night hotel stay in a 3* novotel and pushes the price up.

The price doubles between final price and room selection - anyone experienced this before?
Old May 16, 18, 5:02 am

IIRC there's a minimum length for the car hire or hotel stay to class as a holiday which I believe is 3 nights, someone far more knowledgeable than me will no doubt confirm.

Old May 16, 18, 5:28 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
1 night car hire or hotel is enough.
Old May 16, 18, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jimlad48 View Post
Sort of - I can build the trip, and its saying total price of X per person (in this case looking at 3791 per person) on the 'total price' page.

I then go to 'select rooms' and it suddenly tries to charge me 7582 for a two night hotel stay in a 3* novotel and pushes the price up.

The price doubles between final price and room selection - anyone experienced this before?
Umm, but 3791 * 2 = 7582? Assuming there are two of you, then the per person price will double to get the final price!
Old May 16, 18, 5:37 am

I always book Flight and car (you can choose how many days you want the car) and only pay a deposit through BA holidays
Old May 16, 18, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uklinus View Post
Umm, but 3791 * 2 = 7582? Assuming there are two of you, then the per person price will double to get the final price!
No - it was saying 3791 per person - it then doubled on the hotel page to add an extra random 7000ish on to the final price to make it a total of 14000 without explaining why this was the case.
Old May 16, 18, 6:08 am

The prices do recalculate sometimes but this sounds a bit random. Id call up and ask an agent to walk through it with you and see if they get the same answer
Old May 16, 18, 6:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
1 night car hire or hotel is enough.
That's not always the case. Some destinations, not listed on BA are subject to this.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

6.14. Some bookings must include a minimum stay of 3 nights including a Saturday night to qualify for certain prices advertised by us.
Old May 16, 18, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
That's not always the case. Some destinations, not listed on BA are subject to this.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

6.14. Some bookings must include a minimum stay of 3 nights including a Saturday night to qualify for certain prices advertised by us.
You learn something new every day.

Search this Thread