FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Proactive onboard drinks top up in Club World (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1909449-proactive-onboard-drinks-top-up-club-world.html)

carrotjuice May 15, 18 9:28 am

Proactive onboard drinks top up in Club World

Is it BAs standard service to top up water and wine during meals in CW? Having taken a bunch of CW flights recently, I notice the regular fleet crew are 50% more alert to do drinks top up during meals, whereas 100% of the mixed fleet crew never bother to do that.

JFX1764 May 15, 18 9:46 am

Can't remember a flight where I haven't gotten a top up :confused:

FlyerGill May 15, 18 10:04 am

We flew to SEA in August 2017 in F and weren't offered a drink for the whole flight except for the first one with the main meal. Had to ask every time and I went to the galley a few times too. We did quickly get an apology from BA after complaining.

Can I help you May 15, 18 10:04 am

It’s standard on all flights but the new CW service is all routine over service.

carrotjuice May 15, 18 10:20 am

Even the simplest of drinks - plain water - also was not topped up proactively whereas I recall BA used to do that. On most flights we were handed a small bottled water before the meal service - rightfully so as there may be some passengers whod decline a meal and go straight to sleep - but is the expectation now that if your water glass is empty during the meal, you should then top up yourself by pouring from your own given bottle of water?!

mikeyfly May 15, 18 10:22 am

On my way back from SFO last month upstairs they couldn't stop topping me up :)

Can I help you May 15, 18 10:27 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29756226)
Even the simplest of drinks - plain water - also was not topped up proactively whereas I recall BA used to do that. On most flights we were handed a small bottled water before the meal service - rightfully so as there may be some passengers whod decline a meal and go straight to sleep - but is the expectation now that if your water glass is empty during the meal, you should then top up yourself by pouring from your own given bottle of water?!

When the new service was designed they forgot about topping up water and they have now put bottles of still and sparking water on the trolley but to be honest we are so busy service offering other things it tends to get forgotten, so its there so just ask when they ask about wine.

Steve in Olympia May 15, 18 10:35 am

If I were you, OP, I would never fly BA again!

Padmeister May 15, 18 10:47 am

I read this thread and just think why don't you just ask for more water or wine or whatever it maybe?

lostinlondon May 15, 18 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 29756233)
On my way back from SFO last month upstairs they couldn't stop topping me up :)

Was gonna say, I often get topped up TOO much.

That said - OP, definitely complain to BA.

Often1 May 15, 18 10:52 am

There is a fine line between offering and interrupting. I much prefer not being approached with offers of this and that and to ask for what I want when I want. It gives me a reason to get up and stroll or to push the call button as I choose.

This is far from the first thread which implicitly criticizes the service for not running around.

LCY8737 May 15, 18 10:55 am

Originally Posted by lostinlondon (Post 29756375)
That said - OP, definitely complain to BA.

Complain about not having a drink topped up?!?

If OP was refused a drink, or they had run out, or... Maybe. But complain about something as trivial as this???

Geordie405 May 15, 18 10:59 am

I never seem to have a problem being topped up. My cup runneth over (figuratively) and as others have said, sometimes topped up a little too much :)

lostinlondon May 15, 18 11:03 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 29756393)

Complain about not having a drink topped up?!?

If OP was refused a drink, or they had run out, or... Maybe. But complain about something as trivial as this???

Seemed as if the issue was systematic and indicative of the flight... wouldn't do it for one miss, but if I were on the same glass of water/wine I'd started the meal on after a few passes, I'd not be impressed. That said, I'd have said something on board.

Ancient Observer May 15, 18 11:10 am

As I often drive on arrival, I have to stop them filling up my glass!