Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Proactive onboard drinks top up in Club World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Is it BA’s standard service to top up water and wine during meals in CW? Having taken a bunch of CW flights recently, I notice the regular fleet crew are 50% more alert to do drinks top up during meals, whereas 100% of the mixed fleet crew never bother to do that.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:46 am

Can't remember a flight where I haven't gotten a top up
Old May 15, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC
We flew to SEA in August 2017 in F and weren't offered a drink for the whole flight except for the first one with the main meal. Had to ask every time and I went to the galley a few times too. We did quickly get an apology from BA after complaining.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s standard on all flights but the new CW service is all routine over service.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Even the simplest of drinks - plain water - also was not topped up proactively whereas I recall BA used to do that. On most flights we were handed a small bottled water before the meal service - rightfully so as there may be some passengers who’d decline a meal and go straight to sleep - but is the expectation now that if your water glass is empty during the meal, you should then top up yourself by pouring from your own given bottle of water?!
Old May 15, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
On my way back from SFO last month upstairs they couldn't stop topping me up
lostinlondon and flyerkit like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Even the simplest of drinks - plain water - also was not topped up proactively whereas I recall BA used to do that. On most flights we were handed a small bottled water before the meal service - rightfully so as there may be some passengers who’d decline a meal and go straight to sleep - but is the expectation now that if your water glass is empty during the meal, you should then top up yourself by pouring from your own given bottle of water?!
When the new service was designed they forgot about topping up water and they have now put bottles of still and sparking water on the trolley but to be honest we are so busy service offering other things it tends to get forgotten, so it’s there so just ask when they ask about wine.
flyerkit likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:35 am

If I were you, OP, I would never fly BA again!
frasier likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:47 am

I read this thread and just think why don't you just ask for more water or wine or whatever it maybe?
Often1, Tobias-UK, LCY8737 and 3 others like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
On my way back from SFO last month upstairs they couldn't stop topping me up
Was gonna say, I often get topped up TOO much.

That said - OP, definitely complain to BA.
flyerkit likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is a fine line between offering and interrupting. I much prefer not being approached with offers of this and that and to ask for what I want when I want. It gives me a reason to get up and stroll or to push the call button as I choose.

This is far from the first thread which implicitly criticizes the service for not running around.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
That said - OP, definitely complain to BA.
Complain about not having a drink topped up?!?

If OP was refused a drink, or they had run out, or... Maybe. But complain about something as trivial as this???
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I never seem to have a problem being topped up. My cup runneth over (figuratively) and as others have said, sometimes topped up a little too much
Old May 15, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737

Complain about not having a drink topped up?!?

If OP was refused a drink, or they had run out, or... Maybe. But complain about something as trivial as this???
Seemed as if the issue was systematic and indicative of the flight... wouldn't do it for one miss, but if I were on the same glass of water/wine I'd started the meal on after a few passes, I'd not be impressed. That said, I'd have said something on board.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
As I often drive on arrival, I have to stop them filling up my glass!
T8191 and BingBongBoy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.