Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing CW experience.

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Yes, it’s a legal route in the sense that - in an airline context - it will generally consider legal arguments. It was expected to apply a common sense approach. That really does not seem to be panning out given how many times the airline wins.

I wouldn’t want the OP to be, imho, guided into thinking that was a recommendation which would work well, which is how it came across to me. Apologies if that wasn’t the intention.
Isn’t CEDR just Dispute Resolution and the small claims procedure is a legal route? Do both have in common the consideration of legal arguments, but they’re not the same?

I’m not and can’t be recommending CEDR because the facts of the situation are not fully described.
Read up on CEDR means just that.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; May 15, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Old May 15, 2018, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Personally I think there is absolutely no point in complaining. Ba’s customer service couldn’t care less and you’ll just get a very frustrating and quite frankly dishonest answer of the ‘we care and I’ve passed it on to the catering manager’ type.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I honestly think that complaints about food [with any airline] simply get filed in the big round bin. At a unit cost of about £8, what do you expect?
Old May 15, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I do see your rationale orbitmic, believe me !

However, does this really mean that the failures described (not least given that they relate to an expensive flight in a ‘premium cabin’) should go completely unquestioned ...... ? Have things really got to that point ..... ??
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Complain but keep your expectations low.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:13 am

Sadly this is one of those cases where complaining will serve no point. You will get a canned reply and your communication will be placed with all others awaiting recycling to toilet paper.

You could pursue the airline using CEDR, MCOL, CRA or whatever, however to me life is too short, just learn your lesson and give your business to a different carrier next time.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by richardwft
BA don’t allow a long enough stop over for crew, it’s not surprising the service is poor.
Surely the stopover is around 24 hours? How much time would you suggest is enough?
Old May 16, 2018, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by simons1
Sadly this is one of those cases where complaining will serve no point. You will get a canned reply and your communication will be placed with all others awaiting recycling to toilet paper.

You could pursue the airline using CEDR, MCOL, CRA or whatever, however to me life is too short, just learn your lesson and give your business to a different carrier next time.
I think there is a point to registering a complaint. In the OP's case there will be some (small) measure of satisfaction in getting the complaint acknowledged, and in receiving a (small) fistful of Avios.

The wider result might even be the drip, drip of unhappiness tipping the airline into improvement mode (cf cleaning aircraft more thoroughly).

It also mitigates against any claim the airline might make that reducing the effort and cost going into catering was an enhancement based on passenger feedback.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I honestly think that complaints about food [with any airline] simply get filed in the big round bin. At a unit cost of about £8, what do you expect?
Originally Posted by simons1
Sadly this is one of those cases where complaining will serve no point.
The oft-reported occurrence of "copy-paste" responses might lead one to such a conclusion, but even a brief look at the Avios compensation thread would confirm it is by no means certain. There are a number of reports relevant to compensation received for food issues.

Perhaps the most appropriate one is this (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28829756-post502.html) as it closely mirrors williamn78's complaint:

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
3/09/2017
CW
Silver
Terrible service and food
10000 avios
I do not know what will happen if the OP complains. There may be a substantive response. There may not. But in the example I quote above the poster would have 10,000 less Avios had they followed the advice "don't bother". And having given BA a chance to remediate, the OP will surely be in a better, more informed position to decide where to spend their money in the future.

So I'd suggest the following suggestion is the way to go:

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Complain but keep your expectations low.
williamn78 likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
The YYZ-LGW route only operates a few days a week so I am guessing the crew for this Friday flight would have come in on the Tuesday?
Old May 24, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Well I did complain and just got a response. No avios, but it is at least a decently written response and it came relatively quickly. Interesting to note that they refer to the lounge in YYZ as being closed for refurbishment. I shall keep my fingers crossed for some service recovery on my next flight!

Thanks for contacting us about your flight to London Gatwick on 04 May, when you travelled in our Club World cabin. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had when travelling with us. In particular, the poor food and drink you received on board, as well as the slow service. I understand how frustrating this must have been for you, as you weren't made aware that your flight was operating as a sleeper service, so you only received a two course meal. I don't underestimate your disappointment, especially as the lounge in Toronto is closed for refurbishment, and this has lead to limited options for pre-flight dining. I note from your email you were served the vegetarian lasagne, which you found simply unacceptable for a Club World product both in taste and presentation. We refresh our menus in Club World every month and we include dishes that our customers tell us they enjoy. We also use Umami rich ingredients in our meals, as this improves the flavour of our food when in the air. All meals we serve in Club World are freshly prepared and we use locally sourced and seasonal ingredients wherever possible. We normally get very good feedback about our catering, so I’m disappointed to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. I’m sorry you feel let down.I regret to learn it took 40 minutes for the drinks service to commence, and we didn't have your first two choices of wine available. It can be hard to get it right on every flight. We also have to bear in mind the limited space in our galleys, which means we can’t carry the full range of products for everyone on board.I've made our Customer Experience team aware of what happened when you travelled with us. I know they'll value your insight. It's only through your comments we're able to focus on areas where we need to improve. Thanks again for contacting us. We really appreciate your support as a Silver member of our Executive Club, and we look forward to welcoming you on board your flight to London Heathrow on 14 July. If there's anything else I can help with, please use the blue link below my name to contact me directly

Last edited by williamn78; May 24, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Old May 24, 2018, 1:00 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think that’s an amazingly poor response - it screams “not our fault guv” when clearly all of it was (“it can be hard to get it right on every flight” - seriously?) - let alone the inaccuracy regarding the YYZ lounge.

I’d probably be inclined to write back expressing your disappointment, pointing out you didn’t get what was advertised or could be reasonably expected, and suggesting a compensation figure of at least 5,000 Avios (so ask for 10k!).

The onboard service recovery is a much longer shot, I’m afraid.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
That’s a very well composed “Tough Titty” response. Deffo worth pursuing again.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:25 pm

As predicted a total waste of time. I doubt the experience people will ever see your communication and it certainly won't make any difference.

Still if it makes you feel better it has served its purpose.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What a laughable response. Here is the template for food complaints:

Thanks for contacting us about your flight to (insert destination) on (insert date), when you travelled in our (insert cabin of travel) cabin. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had when travelling with us. In particular, the poor (insert whatever pax is complaining about) you received on board, as well as (insert something else). I understand how frustrating this must have been for you, as you weren't made aware that (insert excuse). I don't underestimate your disappointment, especially as (insert some weak further reason). I note from your email you were served the (insert food pax is complaining about), which you found simply unacceptable for a (insert cabin again) product both in taste and presentation. We refresh our menus in (insert cabin again) every month and we include dishes that our customers tell us they enjoy. We also use Umami rich ingredients in our meals, as this improves the flavour of our food when in the air. All meals we serve in (insert cabin again) are freshly prepared and we use locally sourced and seasonal ingredients wherever possible. We normally get very good feedback about our catering, so I’m disappointed to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. I’m sorry you feel let down. I regret to learn it took (insert time pax is complaining about) for the drinks service to commence, and we didn't have your first two choices of wine available. It can be hard to get it right on every flight. We also have to bear in mind the limited space in our galleys, which means we can’t carry the full range of products for everyone on board. I've made our Customer Experience team aware of what happened when you travelled with us. I know they'll value your insight. It's only through your comments we're able to focus on areas where we need to improve. Thanks again for contacting us. We really appreciate your support as a (insert tier) member of our Executive Club, and we look forward to welcoming you on board your flight to London Heathrow on (insert date). If there's anything else I can help with, please use the blue link below my name to contact me directly
vulle, T8191, haroon145 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by LondonElite; May 24, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.