Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai Lounge - Worst Yet

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Shanghai Lounge - Worst Yet

I am currently waiting for BA168 in the rather grubby Lounge77 - is this the worst F lounge offering on the network?
hugolover likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
If it’s the same one I went to a few weeks ago (JAL flight , but the pictures seem similar - it has a fresh noodle bar), it seemed ok. Maybe you caught the back end of a busy period and the place wasn’t cleaned up which is a shame. Certainly not a flagship but not too bad. Am taking the same flight in F in a few weeks so kind of interested in the consensus! I’m pretty sure I would put Delhi and maybe Mexico City below it, But I’m sure some others will be along shortly to chip in! Enjoy your flight when you get on board.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The lounge at gate 77, hence the name, is a Plaza Premium lounge operation on behalf of China Eastern. It's nothing like as bad as some elsewhere in the network, including half of Italy and some in the USA. ALA was in another league altogether but that isn't on the network now. It's not specifically a First lounge, Sapphires are also welcome to use it. However the Cathay lounge is the better bet (see Lounge guide in the Dashboard), should it be open, and that is effectively Lounge 68. It's not one of Cathay's strongest offerings either, the regional CX lounges aren't decked out to the same standard as the longhaul versions. It is larger than it first looks, so worth exploring before finding a seat.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:48 pm

If you think the PVG lounge is the worst in the network, you clearly haven't been to some of the really bad ones
Old May 15, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However the Cathay lounge is the better bet (see Lounge guide in the Dashboard), should it be open, and that is effectively Lounge 68.
Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon have multiple flights throughout the day between PVG and HKG. I don't think I've ever been in Shanghai when the CX lounge hasn't been available. Agree that this is a better bet than Lounge 77.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon have multiple flights throughout the day between PVG and HKG. I don't think I've ever been in Shanghai when the CX lounge hasn't been available. Agree that this is a better bet than Lounge 77.
There are 2 BA flights, one at 00:40 and the other at 11:00. I'm not sure Cathay are still open for that midnight service, Cathay's website suggests it closes at 20:45, and so for the OP there may not have been many options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.