Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by TPRun

Only my second, that’s why I like a little pre get together. Do drop by, and I believe they have WiFi but I’ll try to position us as close to the bar as possible
@TPRun I will come find you late afternoon once I am checked into accommodation.
TPRun likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I'll be there!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
@TPRun I will come find you late afternoon once I am checked into accommodation.
no rush. I’ll be pacing myself - don’t want to peak too early
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Really sad to be missing this Do! Family party in Scotland unfortunately, please have many drinks for me and look forward to seeing you all soon.
WickedStepMother and TPRun like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Hope to be there.
Keen to meet up with those who have recent experience of the OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX routing, as I will be doing it a few days after the DO.
Upgrading to definite. Hope that there is still availability and it wont cost me too many AVIOS.

sorry not sure how to update the WIKI
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Upgrading to definite. Hope that there is still availability and it wont cost me too many AVIOS.

sorry not sure how to update the WIKI
done for you ^
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
My potential sightseeing trip to Moscow has hit an unexpected snag, so I will be coming on Friday.. Looking forward to it!
Cymro, Calchas and DeathSlam like this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to confirm the tube strike which was going to take place from today to Saturday morning on the Piccadilly Line has been called off - so at least that won't affect the Do now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44785105
DeathSlam and Scallywag72 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Gavin and his team have once again been working their magic behind the scenes and it looks like a great evening lined up for us.

Delighted to share food and beverage details below. Due to a chef shortage, no BBQ this year unfortunately but they have knocked up what looks like an amazing cold summer buffet. Even better, for the every cost conscious Flyertlaker, food will be free however, as in previous years, please consider a small or less small donation or Evelina London Children's Hospital (our hosts for the evening). we have raised some good money for the team in the past - let's keep up that tradition especially as they are hosting and feeding us for free.

Venue is open from 6pm. See you all on Friday.

----------------------------------------

Menu:
Cold Seafood Platter on Watercress with Horseradish Cream
Lemon Chicken Skewers
Mini Insalata Caprese
Asparagus, Pea and Mint Tarts
Coronation Chicken Tarts
Cheese Board with Relish and Grapes
New Potato Salad
Mixed Green Salad
Selection Breads

Assortment of Mini Sweet Treats
Coffee or Selection Tea's

Beers/Wine/Spirits from £3.00

Bottles of Prosecco £15.00
Bottles of So Jennie £15.00

Champagne from £25.00
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
Gavin and his team have once again been working their magic behind the scenes and it looks like a great evening lined up for us.

Delighted to share food and beverage details below. Due to a chef shortage, no BBQ this year unfortunately but they have knocked up what looks like an amazing cold summer buffet. Even better, for the every cost conscious Flyertlaker, food will be free however, as in previous years, please consider a small or less small donation or Evelina London Children's Hospital (our hosts for the evening). we have raised some good money for the team in the past - let's keep up that tradition especially as they are hosting and feeding us for free.

Venue is open from 6pm. See you all on Friday.

----------------------------------------

Menu:
Cold Seafood Platter on Watercress with Horseradish Cream
Lemon Chicken Skewers
Mini Insalata Caprese
Asparagus, Pea and Mint Tarts
Coronation Chicken Tarts
Cheese Board with Relish and Grapes
New Potato Salad
Mixed Green Salad
Selection Breads

Assortment of Mini Sweet Treats
Coffee or Selection Tea's

Beers/Wine/Spirits from £3.00

Bottles of Prosecco £15.00
Bottles of So Jennie £15.00

Champagne from £25.00
Am I the only one who googled what So Jennie is?

Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Brainless69

Am I the only one who googled what So Jennie is?

It appears so. What is it?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Apologies, it comes from the Dark Side - Qatar

It is a Non-Alcoholic Champagne. We were first in UK to stock it, as you can imagine as a hospital, it is good to have some drinks that don't have alcohol
NoTiersForMe, Cymro and squawk like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
Apologies, it comes from the Dark Side - Qatar

It is a Non-Alcoholic Champagne. We were first in UK to stock it, as you can imagine as a hospital, it is good to have some drinks that don't have alcohol
isnt that called sparkling water? 🤣🤣
Cris L, aks120 and Calchas like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
My sister just called and mentioned she would be in London tomorrow evening so it is now Scallywag72 + 1. Please do not hold her KLM Platinum and 160+ KLM sectors per year against her...

I have updated the WiKi.
squawk and Calchas like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:33 pm

Just realised I forgot to ask someone to put me on the wiki for confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.