Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by morges1
So who chose Friday the 13th?
it's a date that worked for FT royalty so I am afraid HM's, PM's and POTUS' plans had to take secondary consideration.
aks120 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
it's a date that worked for FT royalty so I am afraid HM's, PM's and POTUS' plans had to take secondary consideration.
And I am sure once they see our nice new shiny tent, they will all want to come join the party

WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I suspect (hope) the tube strike will be called off immediately before the strike is due to start if not sooner. The last 3for Jubilee and District lines were. Whilst the tube unions like to sometimes flex their muscles in industrial disputes I envisage the press attention will be on POTUS (unwanted) visit.

As an aside and apologies if this is in the wrong place I have 2x tickets for Court number one at Wimbledon on Saturday 14th July and my friend can no longer make it. Does anybody want to be my plus one? I’m not looking for anything for the ticket cost you just need to bring yourself, a packed lunch or buy lunch and a bottle of bubbles or whatever wine you will consume. (Or 4 Cans of larger if that’s your thing] the ticket guarantees your entry to the grounds and a seat on number one court to watch whatever matches go on that day. Don’t forget it’s the penultimate day and Ladies Finals. There is a ticket resale kiosk in the grounds where if you are lucky enough you can bag a centre court ticket for 10 if/when someone goes.

First to pm me can be my plus one if not I will give it to someone in the queue.

See everybody at the do.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
I don’t yet know whether there is going to be a raffle at the Do, and you probably already have your +1 anyway, but If it hasn’t already gone you could put it forward as a raffle prize .

Last edited by WickedStepMother; Jun 28, 2018 at 3:55 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
I don’t yet know whether there is going to be a raffle at the Do, and you probably already have your +1 anyway, but If it hasn’t already gone you could put it forward as a raffle prize .
Plus one hasn’t come forward. Wimbledon are quite strict on not allowing tickets to be resold, gifted as presents or competition prizes unless they are debentures. Plus I’ve inadvertsntly thrown them away so have nothing to physically give at the do so need to collect duplicates in person from AELTC on the day so plus one has to enter with me. If they want to make a donation to the amazing work that St Thomas do on the evening totally fine with that more concerned that a highly difficult ticket to get hold of is used.

My my plan was to have a ‘spoons breakfast at Fulham Broadway around 10am pick up last minute bits for picnic lunch from Sainsburys at Fulham Broadway before jumping on the tube to Southfields.
squawk likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Would have loved to but 1) Get my knackers cut off if I secure one for myself but not Mrs P and 2) Got a wedding to go to that weekend.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Sorry @KeaneJohn, I hadn’t thought it through properly before posting yesterday.

Apart from the restrictions on the tickets it would be far too short notice to offer a ticket on the night of the Do and expect someone to be ready (and hangover free) to meet up on Saturday morning.

It is a very kind and generous offer and I am sure someone will jump at the chance to go with you.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:00 am

That is an incredibly generous offer, @KeaneJohn, and I hope someone is able to take advantage. I am committed to something that day, but I am suddenly very tempted to rearrange
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:43 am

Plus one for Wimbledon been claimed. Look forward to seeing people at the do. Don’t really know many people so please say hello.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:59 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
I'm in.
Don't know anyone face to face but looking forward to a good evening and happy to support G&ST.
My sister worked there for many years.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Looking forward it, especially as it's supporting GSTT. Please add me to the Wiki.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by dylanks
Are any of you also attending the Head for Points event on the 9th? If so, I'll see you there!
I'll be at the HfP party - we can reminisce about CK treatment!

M
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I'm in.
Don't know anyone face to face but looking forward to a good evening and happy to support G&ST.
My sister worked there for many years.
Originally Posted by doctoravios
Looking forward it, especially as it's supporting GSTT. Please add me to the Wiki.
Great you can both make it, both added now.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Ill be on a BA to SEA on the 13th
untill next time......
As will I, on the BA49 - 1A was surprisingly still open yesterday for me to snag.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by Lappe
As will I, on the BA49 - 1A was surprisingly still open yesterday for me to snag.
well done
im in C !
F on the way home
how busy was F ; do you reckon upgrades will be available?
(just realised im on the earlier flight BA 53)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.