Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
It's been known to happen and very much welcomed

If you're a flying nut, you'll be mostly at home, notwithstanding the different pet peeves and go-to topics one might have flying with BA as opposed to other airlines.
I am booked. I tried to book a BA flight across the ocean but couldn't make the schedule work so it's UA for me. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
Calchas likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:36 am

It looks like I will be attending my first ever FT do! No travel, babysitter booked, Mrs LavaJava confirmed.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

I will update the wiki later when at a computer.
Calchas and TPRun like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Will make my way from Trump protest on to the main event of the day. Count me in. And I hope to be bringing my chum who is an 'industry insider' on [arguably, not BA's] hard product. Unclear if other half will join, but he has survived the Tallinn do so ice broken and all that. Wiki updated through this post.
aks120, Calchas, GadgetGal and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:53 am

And for those who didn't hear it the first time around, this Radio 4 programme is excruciatingly relevant. You might even meet some of the radio celebrities on the night...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09tcnm5
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Will make my way from Trump protest on to the main event of the day.
Where is the protest taking place? I am interested in joining.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA gold
Not going.

Last edited by Stez; Jun 27, 2018 at 8:29 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Pity I cannot make this as I will be heading to PHX having managed to get an Avios flight in F so I will be raising a few glasses of LPGS etc and thinking of you all!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Where is the protest taking place? I am interested in joining.
Hey Tom. For fear of hijacking thread: the 'provisional plan' calls for meeting at BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place at 14:00 and marching to Trafalgar Square where there will be rally/speeches 17:00-19:00.
And, yes, there is a website...
https://www.stoptrump.org.uk
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
I will be able to attend, wiki edited. Will be my first FT DO!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I shall do my best to get to this and will edit the Wiki when I know I can. Will be a busy week for flying related events as I'm also going to the HFP do on Monday 9th. Will be good to meet people.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Will make my way from Trump protest on to the main event of the day. Count me in. And I hope to be bringing my chum who is an 'industry insider' on [arguably, not BA's] hard product. Unclear if other half will join, but he has survived the Tallinn do so ice broken and all that. Wiki updated through this post.
Looking forward to seeing you again (and the OH!)
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
excellent - and thanks for updating the wiki. you are getting better with practise ;-)
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Are any of you also attending the Head for Points event on the 9th? If so, I'll see you there!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
“@mike P” @dylanks i’ll be at the HFP party .... not 100% for the Friday ‘do’ yet though
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by MrMutton
Looking forward to seeing you again (and the OH!)
Indeed you too big man. Do was mentioned to OH over toast this morning, not to much interest at this stage.

Originally Posted by chris1979
excellent - and thanks for updating the wiki. you are getting better with practise ;-)
Haha. I'm going to resist the urge to compulsively check the wiki -- even though I am multi purposing this Do to be my own 'soft landing to Silver' party. The shame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.