Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Dont know yet , was thinking Spain, somewhere in Europe , probably as an Avios redemption if the price isn't right Bilbao, Lisbon , Milan or something

Open to suggestions lol
Very nice.
Ah I can't imagine travelling with a hangover, I'm barely able to open my eyes
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
See you all there! Just booked my travel to London and accommodation in my usual haunt, Wembley. Surprisingly easy to get around all of London from there - providing the Met line is on fine form...
TPRun likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Disaster - now can't make it.

My wife and I will be flying to TRN that afternoon. We'll be in GC at LGW so if anyone is around, let me know.
TPRun likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Hope to be there.
Keen to meet up with those who have recent experience of the OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX routing, as I will be doing it a few days after the DO.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
As it happens, i'll be in London that day on my way home from France.

How do we get tickets? What do they cost? or it it a payg once there? I could bring a bottle of wine for the auction, my boot will be full lol. I presume I can bring the OH as well.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by amanx

How do we get tickets? What do they cost? or it it a payg once there? I could bring a bottle of wine for the auction, my boot will be full lol. I presume I can bring the OH as well.
not that type of gig. No charge turn up, the more the merrier, all drink welcome. You pay for booze, if they organise food it’s “free” but leave a nice contrib in the charity pot, I’d say a tenner if you cam afford it is nice. It’s very informal, all welcome
gustavmahler and teledude like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I'm in.

Are there name tags? I've never done of these before
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm in.

Originally Posted by amanx

Tickets are not required; you simply turn up. We are all very friendly (in my case, after a few beers) so it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone yet.

OHs are welcome.

There will be a bar serving beers, wines, and probably champagne. The prices are actually quite good for the area.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Lord Jon
I'm in.

Are there name tags? I've never done of these before

I did my first one in December and there were indeed name tags, this could be different but I'm sure we'll hear more as we get closer to the date

I've added you in to the Wiki, look forward to seeing you there
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:33 pm

We are in London- at Bankside as it is The Globe midnight production. Can we just drop in? (me and my adult daughter- who might not be so keen!)
Calchas and TPRun like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
We are in London- at Bankside as it is The Globe midnight production. Can we just drop in? (me and my adult daughter- who might not be so keen!)
all are welcome.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Barnaby100

When she sees the venue she may be more keen!!

Delighted to say that this year we will be hosting you in our brand new high end Marquee. It is being specially made at the moment and is due on site around the 26th of June. You will all the be amongst the first to experience this new venue with its own private terrace and views across the river. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Gavin
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Looking forward to meeting you as well Gavin!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
I’ll be there
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Will there be a raffle? I have a something I can donate - a (limited edition?) Links of London silver-plated boarding pass from long-departed Silverjet. It might appeal to someone. If not it’s going off to the charity shop

Last edited by WickedStepMother; Jun 20, 2018 at 2:48 am Reason: To add a photo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.