Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
those who recall the 2013 DO will remember we had a marquee. Well, we may well have one again.

Here's Steve's trip review from that year: The BA London DO 2013 Gosh, don't we all look young! (@corporate-wage-slave)

And sadly it'll be the last one at the hospital with its stunning views. not for sad reasons but for exciting reasons for Gavin.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
and links to previous ones: The London DO 2017 - Friday 30th June

as before, all welcome: lurkers, regulars, young, old, other halves, friends, bronze, CCR. Gosh i even dragged a train-geek friend along last year and he's converted now
Old May 14, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Darn... uni graduation is that evening and my family will be over from the States. Maybe next time? Hope it all goes well!
Old May 14, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Don’t forget Donald Trump is scheduled to visit the UK on 13 July 2018. If he’s a closet FTer he might show up at the ‘do’.
More seriously there might be flight delays, especially if he's far enough up himself to demand to land at Heathrow and the UK government is weak enough not to tell him to bugger off to the provincial airport he deserves. Watch out for the day he arrives and leaves.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Talking

Originally Posted by flatlander
More seriously there might be flight delays, especially if he's far enough up himself to demand to land at Heathrow and the UK government is weak enough not to tell him to bugger off to the provincial airport he deserves. Watch out for the day he arrives and leaves.
Provincial airport ? Hopefully that won't be in Scotland, where he is VERY not welcome! https://nation.com.pk/11-May-2018/tr...express.com.pk

Anyway - I can make it to my first FT do! Would be delighted to attend. ^
Old May 14, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, Amex Plat, Priority Pass
Something of a lurker here but it’s looking like this is one DO that I’ll actually be able to make, would love to come along!
wanderingjock likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

He won’t need a name badge - it’s quite obvious his Flyertalk name starts with ‘Tango’...
Not Yankee? 😁
Old May 14, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by flatlander
The flight is very much beholden to SS, USAF and a very strict and controlled regime, which fortunately for us all, is out of Trumps control. So it will be standard US state visit protocols I imagine. Above-all the details will never be known.

However the FT DO takes presidency and no fake news reporter will stand in our way
Old May 14, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Needing some time for tweaking the agenda as per flight(s) and a meeting, I'm pretty sure it will work out. On the safe side, noted myself as 'Possible', but waiting for the definitive upgrade. Will be able to confirm within a week or two.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm in!
teledude likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Dare I say I might be there?
megaloman likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Looks like I can make it!

aks120
Old May 15, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Thanks for posting the previous Do threads! Count me in
Old May 15, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I may be able to come with a friend who’s a lurker. I’ll confirm!
Old May 15, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

The flight is very much beholden to SS, USAF and a very strict and controlled regime, which fortunately for us all, is out of Trumps control. So it will be standard US state visit protocols I imagine. Above-all the details will never be known.

However the FT DO takes presidency and no fake news reporter will stand in our way
Don't they normally land at STN for this sort of thing? Or is that only for hostages?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.