Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:37 pm

Really enjoyed my first London DO. Fantastic venue, good food, and very keenly priced beverages. Thank you to @chris1979 and Gavin for organising!

It was great to reconnect with a few FTers I’ve met before, as well as getting to know those I had not.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Good to meet some of you. Was my first but hopefully not last do!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Wonderful Do - got to chat to plenty of old and new friends
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Lovely meeting all of you! Sorry l had to dash so early. Hopefully next time I'll know more than a few hours in advance!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
So I’ve been to a couple before but not stayed long. Despite intending to be home early, I was the last person to leave. It was good thst people mingled and talked and the bar prices were extremely reasonable and the staff amazing.

I seem to have been given given custody of an Oyster Card in a black wallet thst was left I believe on the table where the name badges were. pM me if you think it’s yours and I’ll post on. It seems to be from a non London based person as there was one journey today from somewhere to somewhere close to the venue and the previous trips are between central London and Heathrow, I’ll check tomorrow if the card is registered and hand it into TFLon Monday if nobody messages me over the weekend. If it’s not registered and nobody claims it I’ll put it in the charity box at Heathrow when I fly through next Friday.

Thanks again to the orgsnisers.. few hours sleep now before heading off to the tennis �� in the morning.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Cris L

Lovely to meet you, and I think a change of user name is in order... I’m suggesting BeautifulStepMother.
A very kind suggestion but I’m afraid I won’t get that past the lovely lad who gave me the name in the first place.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL
A wonderful evening, very well organised. Thank you to Gavin for laying on such a wonderful buffet and for providing such well priced drinks (many of which will be the cause of my sore head tomorrow!) and thank you to Chris1969 for such great hosting and for running the raffle. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of cash with me tonight, so I didn't leave a contribution. However, I will be making a donation to the hospital as a thank you for tonight's event. You can do the same by contacting the Fundraising Team in one of the following ways -

Call: 020 7848 4701
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.supportgstt.org.uk
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by AStarr
Lovely meeting all of you! Sorry l had to dash so early. Hopefully next time I'll know more than a few hours in advance!
Good to meet you. I am looking forward to trying the SAS ‘cube ‘ meal very soon!
AStarr likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Thank You

Thank you to all, but especially Gavin and Christian for an exceptionally well organised event. Fingers crossed that we can continue the tradition next year
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
and thank you to Chris1969
He won’t be thanking you for aging him 10 years!

Glad to hear you all had a wonderful night. It does sound like a lot of fun was had as well as in the pre and post do events!
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
A very nice event, thanks to all who organised and to all who came and supported. Good to meet some of you in the flesh!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thank you for a great Do. Thanks especially to gav0106 and his staff. Good luck with your move and we look forward to a Thailand Do next year

Great to see so many people there, some old faces as well as some new ones. I hope everyone enjoyed it. See you at the next Do.
Cris L likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thank you for a great Do. Thanks especially to gav0106 and his staff. Good luck with your move and we look forward to a Thailand Do.
Oooh yes! A Thailand do! That sounds fab and definitely count me in for that one!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by madfish

He won’t be thanking you for aging him 10 years!
good old Filthy thinks that's cute - but because he's so cute, he's forgiven
Filthy Monkey and madfish like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
A wonderful evening, very well organised. Thank you to Gavin for laying on such a wonderful buffet and for providing such well priced drinks (many of which will be the cause of my sore head tomorrow!) and thank you to Chris1969 for such great hosting and for running the raffle. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of cash with me tonight, so I didn't leave a contribution. However, I will be making a donation to the hospital as a thank you for tonight's event. You can do the same by contacting the Fundraising Team in one of the following ways -

Call: 020 7848 4701
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.supportgstt.org.uk
great seeing everyone - old faces (or very old in the case of Filthy and Karfa) and new faces.

Thanks you to all those who kindly donated to the Raffle - we've raised funds for a most worthy cause, the Evelina Children's Hospital within the hospital.

A massive thank you also to Gavin and his team for yet again hosting us, in an even more fabulous venue and for putting on a great (free!) buffet for us.

As Filthy says above, those who were short on cash or wish to support the hospital, details posted above.

Thanks to @KARFA for locking up and throwing everyone out after my bed-time.
KARFA and megaloman like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.