Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the BEST thing about BA for you?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Has anyone mentioned without BA this forum wouldn't exist?

I'm a member of several forums...pipe smoking, hillwalking,fishing,farming,knitting amongst them but this one has to be the wackiest of them all.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The past.

Distant memories of freshly cooked fillet of beef, carved at your seat, washed down with Ch Lynch Bages.

Nothing too much for the plentiful staff.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm a member of several forums...pipe smoking, hillwalking,fishing,farming,knitting amongst them
No wife-swapping forum in Argentina?
Old May 14, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

No wife-swapping forum in Argentina?
Maybe the knitting and pipe smoking provide thrills aplenty ...... leaving little time for extra-marital activities & entertainment.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:28 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
The staff are the saving grace. As a UK resident I find I can relate to the staff as human beings and vica versa. No obsequious but impersonal service like in Asia. No dismissive and uncaring service as in the US. I spent an hour chatting with a deadheading BA crew member recently and it was the most fun I've had flying for quite a while.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Without being too cynical the best thing about BA in 2018 is EC/261. I've had quite a few Free Journeys basically due to BA messing up repeatedly.

The BA of the Marshall/King era was definitely a World Leading business, those times have long gone. On the basis "British Airways" is a trading name of IAG what actually is the essence of the brand today? Too high a cost base to really compete with the LCCs, too cheap and frayed to compete with the Best (CX, SQ, QR et al........)
Old May 14, 2018, 3:22 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
J cabin density? It's one of the worst in the world!

He's yet another negative person being sarcastic.

Really, some of you can't help yourselves.

Another positive thread derailed by QR fans/anti BA louts
HIDDY and Padmeister like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:27 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by stingwest
award availability from london to just about anywhere!
🤣🤣🤣
Old May 14, 2018, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by StingWest
Award availability from London to just about anywhere!
Try IB. Best thing BA ever done was merge with them.....an IB Plus redemption may even work out cheaper making the transfer to MAD worth your while. Just don't redeem on the EZE route.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:15 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I like: The Johney Walker Blue in the LHR T5 GF lounge (also the artichoke risotto when they have it

Otherwise: The lies and the ease at which their staff perform them without a thought to what the truth is... wait, I'm used to that due to the result of the 2016 US elections. As a corollary, the fun of pursuing EU compensation for all their screw ups. It reminds me of having to deal with a med insurance claim with an HMO in the US. Deny, deny, deny, OK now.

And also: the fact that I don't have to fly them, as I have better choices from BKK.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
BAEC has to be the best FFP for UK based travellers due to the ability to amass significant avios from non-flying activities. Add that to relatively undemanding status requirements without having to actually fly BA and access to awards on other OW carriers and it becomes a winner for me.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
BAEC as a FFP, notably RFS which can be excelent value.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
For me it's not (in my experience) the debatable customer service, in London, on board or elsewhere, very average lounges, usually dirty planes or outdated seating in J.

What I like best about BA, and is one of the primary reasons in choosing any carrier I fly, is the impression I have (rightly or not) of well trained pilots and cabin crew, and well executed maintenance. I have confidence that the metal tube won't fall out of the sky, and if it does go wrong there will be a couple of capable pilots up front. I have QF on that same list, and CX too, for the same primary reasons.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Hotcat1970

What I like best about BA, and is one of the primary reasons in choosing any carrier I fly, is the impression I have (rightly or not) of well trained pilots and cabin crew, and well executed maintenance. I have confidence that the metal tube won't fall out of the sky, and if it does go wrong there will be a couple of capable pilots up front. I have QF on that same list, and CX too, for the same primary reasons.
I certainly share your ‘impression’ as regards well-trained BA flight deck and cabin crew, specifically in terms of attention to all matters of safety (though not necessarily where CC customer service is concerned).

Very interested to see that you have simillar confidence in other carriers on your preferred list too. And I say that simply because I am often perplexed by the number of FT posters who make reference to BA flight deck crew as though their competence and reassuring nature is somehow unique - all the while forgetting that many BA Commanders and FO’s have come from other airlines : and of course, vice-versa.

Old May 15, 2018, 3:26 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rbAA
I like: The Johney Walker Blue i
I’d sooner they had a decent malt or five to choose from. Glenlivet it insipid. Some island malts- Bunnahabhain if Laproiag is considered too peaty. Talisker too. I don’t see the pizzazz about an expensive blended whisky. It’s like saying Dom Perignon is the best champagne.

Im speaking for flavour here not bling factor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.