Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do all Ba 787's have this RR engine issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
Probably not possible. Too much has been ripped out of them.
I spoke to someone at BA and they confirmed it's not possible as engines and seats will of been salvaged.

One thing that will probably happen though is the older 747's in service will have retirement delayed.

Shame this is happening, BA were short of aircraft as it was...
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
“I have no issue with Boeing, who have been proactive and supportive … I am however, very unhappy with Rolls-Royce,” Walsh said, via email. “They have yet to give us confidence that they are on top of the problem.”
(from the Seattle Times article).

I don't think Walsh would say that unless he (and his company) was actually suffering significant problems. While Walsh is never shy in saying what he thinks when he thinks it will gain him a significant advantage, he's also not one to start a public fight with a major partner unless he's got serious problems with them.

This illustrates my point that Rolls' main problem today is not an engineering problem but a trust problem.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

i wouldn't get too panicked yet, the 21st of June is still a few days away

A question from me now however, is Los Angeles likley to be re-instated on time on the 787? I believe it was due for July. Looking at travelling in October so wanted to see it would definitely be back by then.
Still no notification about aircraft/seat change for SEZ-LHR so hopefully all will be well for 21st June

Last edited by Brighterside; Jun 17, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
On 11/06 the BA280/281 was in service as usual from 01/07 - over the last week it's been dropped and now commences on 06/07

Is there a way of finding out when these services were cancelled? Is it on EF ?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I think they're confident they can re-commence it soon. Otherwise they would of just pulled the flights for the next few months.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sounding obsessed with this !!! However very reluctant to pay EUR300 change fee (and a J downgrade) for my flight on 06/07 - the day they currently commence again. I WANT CANCELLATION !!!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:41 am

I'm due to fly LHR->SJC this Friday 22nd in CW. So far my flight shows as happening. A colleague of mine was on the same route a couple weeks back and was re-reouted through Chicago but with some 2 weeks prior notice. Given my flight is 3 days away I assume thats a sign its probably happening.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
On 11/06 the BA280/281 was in service as usual from 01/07 - over the last week it's been dropped and now commences on 06/07

Is there a way of finding out when these services were cancelled? Is it on EF ?
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'm sounding obsessed with this !!! However very reluctant to pay EUR300 change fee (and a J downgrade) for my flight on 06/07 - the day they currently commence again. I WANT CANCELLATION !!!
If BA plans to cancel it further, they probably have not decided yet. Though given the expense in canceling less than two weeks in advance, I would guess that they will most likely decide 14 days in advance of 06/07 unless there are further issues with the aircraft. So my prediction would be that you will know by this Friday (22/06) if they plan to further cancel 280/281 beyond 05/07.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.