Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – Avios Edition.

2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – Avios Edition.

Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Good questions. JAL doesn't appear to be selling any tickets for September or October 2019, yet.
at the risk of diminishing my own chances for future bookings, I snagged a JAL first class reward seat from LHR on the Friday evening of the opening weekend. Arrive Tokyo on Saturday. Until I get tickets for Ireland vs. Japan I don’t know if I’ll be going though, still a few weeks to go on current ballot...

(eye wateringly expensive in some respects, 120k Avios + Ł300 for a one way...)
PIKnic likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Aye, there were 2 F redemptions available on the Thursday 19 Sep too the other day on JAL (still available in PE). Would have canned my ICN J booking, but I need to be able to use the 2-4-1 one way at least. Still, hope that there might be some JAL availability for the return leg!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by User Name
How far in advance to redemptions open up on JAL?

Also does that date change depending on whether I use Avios or AA miles?
JL release at 330 days at about an hour later than BA (2am vs 1am BST, I presume that comes forward an hour from today).

I’m using a 2-4-1 as well (I struggle to use them otherwise) and whilst I would love F, I’ve settled for J, out via ICN with a shuffle across to GMP to get to HND, back directly from KIX.
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:03 am

I managed to get J redemption on the new BA route to KIX, out September 27th, return October 8th. Had to be online at 1am to get them!
i used to work in Japan so have a lot of friends there still I can stay with. Managed to get a few game tickets through friends already but really hoping the ballot comes good in a few weeks! I was living there during the football World Cup.... the Japanese put on acracking tournament then so hopefully they will be able to do the same again!
Scots_Al and Lucanesque like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Managed to snag J for me and a mate on the 789 to NRT using a 241, out on the 23rd, back on 13th. Didn't realise there was now a direct flight to KIX, but it's only a couple of hours on the train and we're planning on getting a three week rail pass anyway so we can do some tourist stuff in between games. Got the outbound by calling up on Japan at 1am, bought the return online by refreshing at 1 second past 1am - heart was pounding in case someone else snagged them
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:42 pm

Spent the day booking hotels... got 19 of our 32 nights booked (provisionally at least, hoping some better options may become available closer to the time). Outside of Tokyo / Yokohama not actually too expensive per night (though the total cost of this trip might not be paid off until France 2023!!!).
MM00LL2 and RockyRobin like this.

Last edited by Scots_Al; Oct 27, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Managed to snag J for me and a mate on the 789 to NRT using a 241, out on the 23rd, back on 13th. Didn't realise there was now a direct flight to KIX, but it's only a couple of hours on the train and we're planning on getting a three week rail pass anyway so we can do some tourist stuff in between games. Got the outbound by calling up on Japan at 1am, bought the return online by refreshing at 1 second past 1am - heart was pounding in case someone else snagged them
I’m missing something - isn’t this the wrong way round...? (ETA: for using a 2-4-1 voucher)
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by etiene

I’m missing something - isn’t this the wrong way round...? (ETA: for using a 2-4-1 voucher)
I think you’re misreading, rather than missing. 2-4-1 has to be ex-UK, Lucanesque says they have booked TO NRT, on the 23rd, returning on the 13th.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Scots_Al

I think you’re misreading, rather than missing. 2-4-1 has to be ex-UK, Lucanesque says they have booked TO NRT, on the 23rd, returning on the 13th.
No, I got that: 2-4-1 is generally done by getting the outbound online and the return on the phone with Japan, no...?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by etiene

No, I got that: 2-4-1 is generally done by getting the outbound online and the return on the phone with Japan, no...?
Ah, gotcha! Yes, I didn’t think you could add a return to a 2-4-1 online.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Are BA releasing flights for Tokyo slower than the normal T-355, I was looking for October and they only have flights up to 7/10/19 on BA metal ? I was expecting flights up to around 18/10/19 to be available.

Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
They have been releasing them at 355 days in advance, but are being snapped up rather quickly!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:14 pm

Even cash tickets ? cant find any BA cash tickets for after 7/10/19
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Cash tickets seem to be slower, I think mentioned in another thread recently. Might be something to do with bulk tickets for agencies/package providers?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:28 pm

Ah okay, thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.