Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – Avios Edition.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – Avios Edition.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:06 pm

I have 5 Cat D tickets for England v USA that are for sale if you are interested? I bought the team pack but am not flying out until the Argentina game.

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Charlie32
I have 5 Cat D tickets for England v USA that are for sale if you are interested? I bought the team pack but am not flying out until the Argentina game.

Thanks
Be careful - the team packs are apparently going to be one smart card which will do you for all matches.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I'm waiting for the general sales to start on Saturday as I didn't participate in the earlier application process.

Does anyone have any idea regarding ticket availability for the inaugural JAP-RUS match or the final? Is there any likelihood that there's tickets available for the general public on Saturday to one of those or would I waste my time in the queue?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
I'm waiting for the general sales to start on Saturday as I didn't participate in the earlier application process.

Does anyone have any idea regarding ticket availability for the inaugural JAP-RUS match or the final? Is there any likelihood that there's tickets available for the general public on Saturday to one of those or would I waste my time in the queue?
Both were among the very first to sell
out for ‘normal’ tickets I’m afraid. Looks like there are still premium tickets for the final if you’ve a spare arm and leg. Indication of availability here:

https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.c...-en/index.html
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Both were among the very first to sell
out for ‘normal’ tickets I’m afraid. Looks like there are still premium tickets for the final if you’ve a spare arm and leg. Indication of availability here:

https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.c...-en/index.html
I did indeed look at the premium packages, but they're priced over double in comparison to what I'd be willing to splurge on one ticket for myself. I guess I just go on a TP run somewhere then, washing away the bitter defeat with complimentary champagne.

Thanks for the link!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:30 pm

Well, with a bit of chopping and changing, we’ve finally got flights absolutely nailed down. All on Avios, BA flights on an Amex 2-4-1 voucher:

BA J GLA-LHR
BA F LHR-PVG
(Couple of days in Shanghai)
JL J PVG-NRT
(Group stages)
JL J HND-PEK
(Overnight in Beijing)
BA F PEK-LHR
BA J LHR-GLA
(Sleep)

Well pleased with that! Ironically after all the fretting, we’re not now using either of the flights booked at 1am in the morning (not flying out to ICN in J as F to PEK became available; not flying back from HND in J as we decided to come back a week earlier). Hope everyone else is getting sorted.
SuperDuper likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Well, with a bit of chopping and changing, we’ve finally got flights absolutely nailed down. All on Avios, BA flights on an Amex 2-4-1 voucher:

BA J GLA-LHR
BA F LHR-PVG
(Couple of days in Shanghai)
JL J PVG-NRT
(Group stages)
JL J HND-PEK
(Overnight in Beijing)
BA F PEK-LHR
BA J LHR-GLA
(Sleep)

Well pleased with that! Ironically after all the fretting, we’re not now using either of the flights booked at 1am in the morning (not flying out to ICN in J as F to PEK became available; not flying back from HND in J as we decided to come back a week earlier). Hope everyone else is getting sorted.
Can i ask what the total cost in £ and Avios was for that trip?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Those of you booking flights had better book the hotel rooms now, if they haven't already. One of my regular haunts told me that the lowest priced room is already about 400% of their usual lowest price.
(Don't worry, you're not competing with me for the room - I have no intention of being there, but I asked because I was curious.)
LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For those looking for a good deal, I got my boss and three others out to Tokyo for 05/10 for £1500 each on the Etihad CDG-NRT - great mix of aircraft too ! Apologies for the none oneWorld post

Seamlessly booked by Propeller
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: BA
Smile Thanks for all the helpful info on this thread

Thanks to all on this thread for the various routing ideas.

We're good to go having secured 2 x 1st class tickets with avios and a 241 amex LHR - PVG (21st October to 4th November) We have 3 nights in Shanghai and then Business Class to Toyko NRT using more avios points. Total 300,000 avios and around £1300.
That means we're in toyko for the semis and the final and will head to Kyoto inbetween. I'm just missing Semi 2 tickets but if we have to watch that one in a fan zone or a bar then that's not too bad.
Hubbys 50th birthday and our 25th anniversary - had to be a special trip and it can't get much better than this.

thanks
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
I got tickets for 2 matches in Sapporo on 21/22 September but nothing else. After considering not bothering I have sorted out a routing that disposes of some Avios and EK miles: LHR-ZRH on Avios, ZRH-DXB-HKG in EK in F using a load of miles that might otherwise expire, HKG-TPE-CTS-TPE-HKG on Eva Air in J (paid), HKG-LHR on CX in F with Avios. Hotels in Sapporo didn't seem too badly priced when booked last week.
Not as much of a bargain as some have managed but quite an efficient trip timewise and a fair amount of premium travel thrown in.
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by SuperDuper
Can i ask what the total cost in £ and Avios was for that trip?
Hi - sorry I missed your question earlier. Bit complicated because of change fees, so cash figure for the BA flights isn’t easy to quickly reverse engineer, but otherwise a breakdown as below (remember that the BA flights are on a 2-4-1 and booked as an open jaw return):

BA J GLA-LHR
BA F LHR-PVG
BA F PEK-LHR

BA J LHR-GLA = 93.5k Avios per person (2-4-1)

JL J PVG-NRT = 15k Avios and £35.30 per person

JL J HND-PEK = 20k Avios and £53.20 per person

Total = 128.5k Avios per person

SuperDuper likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Anyone else staying on in Japan for the games / watching the matches from mid October to the final ( besides nhall - crazy rates in Kyoto ) ?

Welcome to FT and congratulations on the milestones !

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 3, 2019 at 10:18 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
OT: Lots of RWC tickets currently available on official RWC ticket site up to SFs only.

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/
Old May 22, 2019, 8:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Thanks so much for the heads up!
Just bought Category A tickets to England v. France for face value.

I never thought I'd be typing that phrase.
MM00LL2 and alex67500 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.