Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – Avios Edition.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – Avios Edition.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Not a fantastic TP run, but if you want to get to Japan and back for a decent fare, DME-LHR-HKG-TYO is available via CX for around Ł1,600 return.

Pilot37
mikeyfly and Lucanesque like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Originally Posted by SuperDuper
Just noticed in my junk mail this morning that i'd gotten 1 game i wanted in the ballot!

Obviously too late to get any 2for1 availability but:
- Could anyone recommend a good TP run ex-Europe to Japan?
- Are there any lesser known Avios routes still available? I tried Iberia from Madrid but there didn't look to be any availability. I also have no Iberia points....
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1943673-vie-tokyo-1180-return-direct-pe-ana-787-wide-open-dates.html
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Ł400 for a qualifying game (EngvArg) and up to Ł20k for the final. Thieving scumbags. I blooming hate touts
If you don't mind missing the anthems, touts tend to drop their prices significantly at the last minute...
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I didn't think touts could operate, it says on the website you might get ID'ed on the way in. I have the Sapporo pack (Australia vs Fiji and England vs Tonga) and England vs USA. Was looking at the logistics last night and the cost has put me off a little as I'll be based in the UK then, and not Sapporo.

Might have another look tomorrow, if not my tickets will probably go back in the pool.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alex67500
If you don't mind missing the anthems, touts tend to drop their prices significantly at the last minute...
Same as at gigs... But that assumes the touts selling online are stood outside the stadium
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Ł400 for a qualifying game (EngvArg) and up to Ł20k for the final. Thieving scumbags. I blooming hate touts
Lordy. I thought Ł450 each for finals tickets were pricy!

Anyway, I am off to Japan for the final. LHR-HND in J returning SYD-LHR on a 241 and I have just booked the TYO-SYD leg in J. Lovely!
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A friend of mine has world cup tickets for early October and I'm trying to help them find some J flights at a decent price. They are happy with ex-EU. Has anyone got any good suggestions for routes in October?
Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
A friend of mine has world cup tickets for early October and I'm trying to help them find some J flights at a decent price. They are happy with ex-EU. Has anyone got any good suggestions for routes in October?
Thanks
Ł2k ex OSL. There are lots of dates in October on Qatar

Last edited by antipest; Dec 20, 2018 at 10:35 pm Reason: change date range, due to idiot not reading post correctly
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Avios Voyager
Red face Just one thing...

Got SAA on Voyager miles JNB-JFK, Cathay on Avios JFK-YVR and KIX-HKG-JNB all in Business - boarding a ship from Vancouver to Tokyo which arrives on the day of the SA-NZ game in Yokohama, got hotels booked in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Shizuoka and Osaka, got tickets for everything I wanted EXCEPT the SA-NZ game which drew a blank in both ballots

So... if anyone has two and doesn't want them you know who to ask!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:28 am

So after looking at the BA options for a J trip the best I was looking at was AMS-LHR-ICN return for c Ł1500, however there was then the faf of positioning at both ends and the cost would be around Ł2-2.5k with the extras.

Looking at W ex EDI-TYO with BA was coming in at North of Ł3k for my dates.

I have just booked CX W MAN-HKG-HND for Ł1k which I am more than happy with as being OWS I will get the additional status benefits especially in HKG on the wayeback when I have a long layover, plus it the a newish A350. All in 230tp and 14k avios.

There's an option which wouldn't have worked for me which is MAN-HKG-CTS (CTS is Sapporo) for around Ł1k in W with CX which would get 360tps so entering tp run range.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:23 am

Has anybody had any luck getting tickets in the last few days?
As someone who was unsuccessful in the last ballot, I got advance access to the buy in real time sale yesterday. I was queuing 11 hours, but eventually got all the tickets I originally wanted! So going to see 6 games in 8 days! Can’t wait!
Hope others were lucky too!
Scots_Al and ThrowingBoeing like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've found the whole process over the last few days quite frustrating.

Logged on yesterday at 11.19am when the queue for the tickets opened. Received a position of 90000th(!) in the queue. Kept checking throughout the day, and by bedtime I was down to 30000th. Got to the front at roughly 3am London time, but like any sane individual, I was asleep at the time, so lost my place. Re-entered the queue at position 70000th at 6am. By 10am I was at the front. I was hoping to get tickets for NZ-SA, as I had previously been rejected for this game, but this was sold out. So I tried for Argentina France instead, and even though tickets were available, I couldn't buy them because (as I understand it) I had previously tried to buy tickets for a different game on the same day (crazy, I know).

I did pick up two premium tickets for the final - will be trying to avoid looking at my bank statement for a while though!
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Very frustrating. Like you all I was constantly refreshing my browser waiting for it to go live, but still ended up with 40000 people ahead of me (I do know someone who only had 250 odd aheadlf her!).

Eventually got in at 2230, but NZ v RSA and QF2 sold out by this point. Picked up France v England the day before Scotland’s last group game (already got tickets for that).

A heck of a lot of games completely sold out now, which is some going.

On an aside, I expect to be phoning BA to change our return flight plans tonight, cancelling 2 x J Avios seats from HND on 21/10 (day after the QFs). There’s always the chance that they’ll go back in the Avios pot if anyone’s looking...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by flyuk
I didn't think touts could operate, it says on the website you might get ID'ed on the way in. I have the Sapporo pack (Australia vs Fiji and England vs Tonga) and England vs USA. Was looking at the logistics last night and the cost has put me off a little as I'll be based in the UK then, and not Sapporo.

Might have another look tomorrow, if not my tickets will probably go back in the pool.
I have flights to Japan already, but was unable to secure tickets to the England-USA match. If you for some reason can't use yours, I'd be happy to buy them off of you!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just to confirm my 2 J seats HND-LHR in 21/10 (day after QFs) have gone back into the system and I’ve checked, are available for booking on Avios as of now if anyone wants them...
MM00LL2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.