Wiki Posts
Search

Limiting BA First redemptions for BA GOLD+

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by teledude
Maybe a tinder style left right swipe by prems to confirm your F seat?
I'm unfamiliar with the directionality of Tinder, but I presume that it would be a left swipe to open an F seat, and a right swipe to send the applicant to the last row of economy?
Old May 9, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
British English, I hope? I'd be in favo(u)r of that.

Or some kind of special BA F redemption CAPTCHA challenge-response test could be developed.

From my experience of F, the "I'm not a robot" CAPTCHA test would need to be reworked...
Still wouldn’t work, most spelling errors (from me anyway) are a function of Apple and fat thumbs. So maybe F redemptions only for people with slim thumbs?

”I’m sorry sir but upon checking your biometrics your fingers are way too fat so we’ve pushed you back to J”
newyorklondon likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm unfamiliar with the directionality of Tinder, but I presume that it would be a left swipe to open an F seat, and a right swipe to send the applicant to the last row of economy?
We'd need a name for this app. For example: MeFirst

Or, er, FirstMeNow
Old May 9, 2018, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by duncgor

Still wouldn’t work, most spelling errors (from me anyway) are a function of Apple and fat thumbs. So maybe F redemptions only for people with slim thumbs?

”I’m sorry sir but upon checking your biometrics your fingers are way too fat so we’ve pushed you back to J”
Ah, that's what it meant when I got FFFF on my boarding pass.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by RobDBA
I'm a gold but wouldn't back this - if blues and bronzes want to store up all their avios to use on F once every 3 years rather than book CW more often I see that as a positive

Making more seats available (in all classes) for golds than others would be very welcome though.
Originally Posted by dylanks
A perhaps simpler answer if this is a problem worth solving would be to offer more jokers and a bit more availability in the classes that allow jokers. For example maybe one joker every 1500 tier points. So a Gold would get one, a GGL renewal two, a GGL+CCR three? For what it’s worth, there’s been an abundance of F redemption availability on my regular route, far more than I ever recall seeing.
I'm just a poor lowly Blue who's managed to redeem for 3 F flights in my 11 or so years of membership (plus a few more J flights). I currently have 2 Chase 241s on my account, but only under 40K Avios; I don't see myself earning any huge quantities any time soon so my next F/J redemption is a probably some time away. Yeah, my value to BA may be pretty low, but the warm fuzzies I get from being able to book F every so often keeps me going...

I have no problem with making it easier for higher members to get the higher cabins; but have pity on the lower castes who scrape their Avios in month by month…
dylanks and duncgor like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
As a Silver EC member I’d be happy. At least it would then stop me from being underwhelmed every time I fly F with BA
Calchas and nufnuf77 like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:50 am

It’s a good idea, but it should be Prem+.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by SteveF
It’s a good idea, but it should be Prem+.
Let’s just remove the elitism from this whole thread because the true elite couldn’t give a crap about F redemptions since they fly in their own jets.... the rest of us are all plebs. GGLs, Golds, Silvers, Bronze and Blues :-)

if our biggest worry is seat availability in an F Cabin it’s a first world problem, but we’re not special haha.
blitzen likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Some
One might also point out that F redemption availability on the majority of flights at least one month out is already de facto restricted to Gold+ only - it's called a Gold Priority Reward.
duncgor likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

A few potty mouthed posts were snipped from the discussion. Check the posting rules and if you frame your posts accordingly, they'll be just fine

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

P.S. The rules are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php
Old May 9, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
A few potty mouthed posts were snipped from the discussion. Check the posting rules and if you frame your posts accordingly, they'll be just fine

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

P.S. The rules are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php
Oops, sorry, think one of those might have been mine. My bad.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Guys I spoke with my mate Alex today and he said to get lost as he is only Bronze and is currently sitting on a 241
teledude likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Avios are BA branded money and they’d be mad to turn down Offers to buy F seats for Avios.

If you’d like to prefer the elites, then let them book early... let the redemptions only open for muggles after a week or two of being offeeed to Gold only.

The AF policy makes their FF scheme less aspirational. I’d say that might not be helping AF
Old May 9, 2018, 4:48 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
We'd need a name for this app. For example: MeFirst

Or, er, FirstMeNow
this reminds me of when our dear @KARFA was quoted in the papers on the new boarding system, me first, then all the rafts
Old May 9, 2018, 4:49 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by gallagher
As a Silver EC member I’d be happy. At least it would then stop me from being underwhelmed every time I fly F with BA
always look on the bright side of life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.