Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Use Avios to select your seats on British Airways

Use Avios to select your seats on British Airways

Old May 9, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Why would an airline make more seats available at cheapo cheapo fares (ie in exchange for frequent flyer points) than revenue management models suggest is wise?

If you want more availability, it's easy: spend a bit more money to become a Gold, and pay double fare for your award flights.
Am Gold anyway but thanks for the tip. Those extra flights are only economy anyway - who does that.

An airline would make more seats available at cheapo cheapo fare as part of their loyalty approach I guess (like other frequent flyer schemes do)
Avios are great if you want to fly to Lagos in economy on a Tuesday.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Am Gold anyway but thanks for the tip. Those extra flights are only economy anyway - who does that.
You appear to be talking about different things.

Globaliser is referring to Gold Priority Rewards - which apply to any cabin - rather the extra availability opened up to GCHs in the economy cabin.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Am Gold anyway ...
Then you have your pick of as many award seats as you like in any cabin. You just have to be able to make plans more than 30 days ahead.

But if you don't want to pay a higher fare for better availability, then it sounds a bit like that Queen song all over again: Move out of my way, I want it all and I want it now.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Then you have your pick of as many award seats as you like in any cabin. You just have to be able to make plans more than 30 days ahead.
You made us feel like we could fly, but this is just fantasy: there is a maxima of 9 travellers per booking, but up to the available revenue availability.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:12 am

Have been saying for years this would be a great and logical way to be able to spend, but really disappointed in the redemption values. Would have expected Avios to have a similar value to BoB which hovers around 0.8p or just under.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
Has this option disappeared? Cannot see it for my upcoming flights! I double checked they are operated by British Airways.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is this still true?

Ive got 8000 point and tried to make a return booking. Only gives me options to redeem on actual flights and not seat selection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.