Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trying to upgrade 1 leg out of 4 and have a rental car in Miami

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

The BA website is giving me a hard job today.
What i wish to do is fairly easy, except when you try to do it with BA.
19th of September 2018 i want to fly from Brussels to London Heatrow with my wife. Flight class economy.
Then from London on a flight to Miami. Economy premium. Its a daylight flight and we wont get any sleep then so no worry for that.
At arrival i wish to have a rental car (ford Mustang Convertible or same class, as long as it is Convertible i am happy with it.

Then on the 1st of October at 20:40 local time i want to get a flight from Miami to London. And then it goes wrong. I wish to book the flight in Economy premium and then upgrade with Avios to business. On the 1st we will drive from Tampa area to Miami and drop of the car. Its a 200+ miles drive. The flight is a night flight and after a long day i would love to get some lie flat sleep on the plane. At arrival on Heatrow i would love to have some time to relax and take a shower at T5 lounge (I fly to Heatrow weekly and love to take a shower after a long day). Then fly from Heatrow to brussels economy.

Trying to book this on BA is appearantly so difficult that even the site does nog get it. Unmatching fairrules apply!

Below is only intersting for people who wants to know what we are going to do and has nothing to do with the BA question.

At arrival we want to pick up the car and drive to the Keys for a few days. On saterday the 22nd we are going to Orlando and check in our hotel. on the 23rd we will visit Discovery-cove to have a relaxing day. On the 24rd till the 28th i have a congres in Orlando and the misses will try to empty my credit card :-). on the 28th we will go to Tampa to visit friends were we will stay till the 1st andf leave in the morning for the 200+ miles back to Miami airport.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Assuming there is reward availability in Business for the leg you want to upgrade, just go ahead and book BRU-LHR-MIA-LHR-BRU as 'premium economy'. The BRU-LHR and LHR-BRU will end up in economy anyway.

Immediately after booking online, call the call centre and ask to upgrade.

Online 'book and upgrade' for premium economy to business is notoriously buggy and you often end up getting overcharged. Search 'Dual Inventory Fare' on this forum for more info...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.