PNR Linking (TCP) for Silver/OW Sapphire?

Old May 6, 18, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
PNR Linking (TCP) for Silver/OW Sapphire?

My wife and I will be travelling on the same outward itinerary but different PNRs on a BA trip (due to different return dates). As I am a OW Sapphire (Silver equivalent), are we eligible for TCP PNR linking, with free seat selection for my wife, or not? Searching says that this is available for BA gold level, but Silver is uncear to me.

Last edited by Wexflyer; May 6, 18 at 3:09 pm Reason: Fix title
Old May 6, 18, 3:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Selecting seats for somebody traveling on the same flight and in the same cabin but on different bookings is only available to gold card holders.

Programs: BA Silver
As you correctly found out , this is for Gold+ only.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Wexflyer View Post
My wife and I will be travelling on the same outward itinerary but different PNRs on a BA trip (due to different return dates). As I am a OW Sapphire (Silver equivalent), are we eligible for TCP PNR linking, with free seat selection for my wife, or not? Searching says that this is available for BA gold level, but Silver is uncear to me.
Hi,

I do not think this applies to Silver level members sorry

Regards

TBS
Old May 6, 18, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Thanks to all - suspected as much, but wanted to be sure (one previous post referenced "gold/silver")
Old May 6, 18, 3:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Actually, the answer is that you can link bookings. Linking bookings (called TCP - To Complete Party) is available to any status, it is not a gold specific benefit. All TCP'ing two bookings does though is add a note on one referencing the other. This can be done by the BA agent on the phone.

However, what is a gold benefit and not available for other tiers is free seat selection for the non-gold/silver booking passenger. If you are a GCH and there is someone travelling on the same flight and in the same cabin on a separate booking, you can request free seat selection for the other person so that you can sit together. This second step, after doing the TCP, is usually sent off to the infamous back office to process and takes a few days to do. It is this second seat selection step which is what you are after Wexflyer, but unfortunately it would not be available to you if you are not a GCH.
Old May 6, 18, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
linking bookings does not suddenly confer some magical power or additional benefits onto them.

thre is a note added to each one that is only ever seen if a BA staffer goes and looks for the more - which is not a normal part of their duties.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: