Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cannot transfer Avios from Iberia to British Airways?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

I am trying to transfer Avios from IB to BA. However, I am getting the message below. I have tried this from BA's website and from IB's as well with the same result. The account data seems to match as best I can tell. Both accounts have been around for years. The IB account has had minimal activity. Only recently I got some points via the new credit card. I have found some older threads with the same issue. The workaround was to move points via avios.com. However, as a US resident I can't sign up for avios.com.

Old May 6, 2018, 9:13 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
You can try to transfer to avios.com then to BA.com
just move temporary to UK for few days
Old May 6, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by p78
You can try to transfer to avios.com then to BA.com
just move temporary to UK for few days
Thank you! I wasn't aware of that.

I have been doing some reading and found that my BA household account is preventing the IB->BA transfer. I am trying to sign up with avios.com but when I go to https://www.avios.com/gb/en_gb/, I don't see a way to sign up unless I already have an offline membership. What am I missing? Also, it seems like avios.com will be closing down?

Old May 6, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

I ended up removing my wife from my household account. As the only member this automatically disabled the household account and enabled the IB to BA transfer option. I don't have any need to have the points pooled currently. It looks as though that it may be possible to recreate the household account once all transfers are done.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I wouldn’t be so sure.IIRC once you make a change to a HHA you can’t make another for 6 months.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I wouldn’t be so sure.IIRC once you make a change to a HHA you can’t make another for 6 months.

You are correct. Here is a link to the terms: https://www.britishairways.com/famil...ort/terms.html
This does not affect me in any negative way. Important to know though.

Once a Household Account is established, new member(s) may not be added or existing member(s) removed more than once every six months. A Household Account may not be dissolved or re-established more than once every six months.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Does anyone know how we can continue moving IB-BA (HHA) once avios.com closes?
Old May 6, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
Does anyone know how we can continue moving IB-BA (HHA) once avios.com closes?
You don't (unless they change the rules). The solution used by the OP isn't exactly user friendly.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Would the avios.com platform still open for AerClub? I remember AerClub have links to transfer to/from BA/IB as part of avios.com platform.
Would that means the usual workaround methods still exist, only need to access via somewhere else?
Old May 6, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by marcolau317
Would the avios.com platform still open for AerClub? I remember AerClub have links to transfer to/from BA/IB as part of avios.com platform.
Would that means the usual workaround methods still exist, only need to access via somewhere else?
There's some discussion of that (but no clear answer ) over here as well: UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme Changes
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Shangrila Jade
Has anyone figured out a way to transfer Avios from Iberia to BA for a household account, using Combine my avios - either directly or indirectly? I can't seem to find a way.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Nordic_Flyer
Has anyone figured out a way to transfer Avios from Iberia to BA for a household account, using Combine my avios - either directly or indirectly? I can't seem to find a way.
Can you not now go via an Avios account, or it's successors? Not sure if you're saying you were aware of that, and it's stopped working.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Shangrila Jade
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Can you not now go via an Avios account, or it's successors? Not sure if you're saying you were aware of that, and it's stopped working.
I'm saying that no matter what I try, since I have a BA HHA I cannot find any way to move Avios from IB to BA. Are there any workarounds?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Some time ago I inadvertently transferred Avios from BA HHA to Iberia, these were taken from all members of the HHA. I then transferred these and some additional IB Avios back to BA through avios.com. All of these came back to my account.
So if you have to break the HHA, it looks like you could load up one member's account.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Nordic_Flyer
I'm saying that no matter what I try, since I have a BA HHA I cannot find any way to move Avios from IB to BA. Are there any workarounds?
What used to work was IB-Avios.com-BA, but I'm not sure if the changes to Avios are disrupting that.

I just went to my Avios a/c to see what I'd see, but it was closed on Jun 18. Allegedly because I haven't earned an Avios in three years, but again not sure if this is actually to do with the changes to Avios .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.