Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LBA being evacuated

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

LBA being evacuatedu

waiting for a ba flight, we are in a holding pen or portakabin. The airport is heaving, busiest I have seen it for years.
Hopefully ba don't cancel the incoming flight. Everyone is here early as road closed later due to tour of Yorkshire

Last edited by Barnaby100; May 4, 2018 at 9:11 am
Old May 4, 2018, 9:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Air KARFA 1 is due for imminent arrival perhaps?

Can't see anything on the web/news though.
EsherFlyer and Physci like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:08 am
Original Poster

We are back in- how to move thousands of drunk Yorkshire people through an airport was an experience.

The lounge didnt re-open due to an abandoned bag apparently although the staff were hoovering inside.

I have to say the lounge BA use for CE and Gold is rubbish. We were put in the cheaper lounge briefly and they had jacket potatoes and food but in the apparently better business lounge there is just slop. The gin is good but no coke in cans or bottles just pepsi max on draft which you have to get from a bar tender and the bar has been unmanned for more time that it has been staffed. .

meant to be a business lounge- open plan- section off a corridor 2 sets of plugs- 1 of which is in the corridor with no seating.

Not an improvement at all.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by Barnaby100; May 4, 2018 at 10:14 am
Old May 4, 2018, 12:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01

definitely not today, in LAX which I believe is your regular spot PETER01

not leaving the airport tho and connecting on to SEA
Old May 4, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
The lounge didnt re-open due to an abandoned bag apparently although the staff were hoovering inside.
Hoovering? Nice to think they were having a quick spring clean (and vacuuming very carefully around the abandoned bag) while the lounge was empty.
blueflyer3 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01

Originally Posted by KARFA
definitely not today, in LAX which I believe is your regular spot PETER01

not leaving the airport tho and connecting on to SEA
Ah I see, enjoy Seattle! ^
Old May 5, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
We are back in- how to move thousands of drunk Yorkshire people through an airport was an experience.

I have to say the lounge BA use for CE and Gold is rubbish. We were put in the cheaper lounge briefly and they had jacket potatoes and food but in the apparently better business lounge there is just slop. The gin is good but no coke in cans or bottles just pepsi max on draft which you have to get from a bar tender and the bar has been unmanned for more time that it has been staffed. .

meant to be a business lounge- open plan- section off a corridor 2 sets of plugs- 1 of which is in the corridor with no seating.

Not an improvement at all.

So is it the “mid level” White Rose lounge that BA are using? Same as priority pass it will end up being the busiest one. Oneworld website still showing the old lounge.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by crowe

So is it the “mid level” White Rose lounge that BA are using? Same as priority pass it will end up being the busiest one. Oneworld website still showing the old lounge.
Yes, BA are using the White Rose suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.